Product name3,3'-Dipropylthiadicarbocyanine iodide, Fluorogenic probe
DescriptionFluorogenic probe for transmembrane potential measurements.
- 3,3'-Di-n-propylthiadicarbocyanine iodide
- 3-Propyl-2-[5-[3-propyl-2(3H)-benzothiazolylidene]-1,3-pentadienyl]benzothiazolium iodide
- 5-(3-Propylbenzothiazol-2-ylidene)-1-(3-propylbenzothiazolium-2-yl)-1,3-pentadiene Iodide
Fluorogenic probe used to detect and measure changes in transmembrane potential or configuration induced by membrane altering agents.
Fluorescence: λex 500 nm; λem 705 nm in DMF.
Storage instructionsStore at Room Temperature. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
This product has been referenced in:
- Farrelly E et al. A high-throughput assay for mitochondrial membrane potential in permeabilized yeast cells. Anal Biochem 293:269-76 (2001). Read more (PubMed: 11399043) »
- Zhang GJ et al. Influence of membrane physical state on the lysosomal proton permeability. J Membr Biol 175:53-62 (2000). Read more (PubMed: 10811967) »
- Síp M et al. Transmembrane potential measurement with carbocyanine dye diS-C3-(5): fast fluorescence decay studies. J Photochem Photobiol B 4:321-8 (1990). Read more (PubMed: 2107293) »
- Smith TC et al. The effect of the fluorescent probe, 3,3'-dipropylthiadicarbocyanine iodide, on the energy metabolism of Ehrlich ascites tumor cells. J Biol Chem 256:1108-10 (1981). Read more (PubMed: 7451493) »