Key features and details
- Muscarinic receptor antagonist
- CAS Number: 1952-15-4
- Purity: > 98%
- Soluble in DMSO to 100 mM and in ethanol to 25 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product name4-DAMP, Muscarinic receptor antagonist
DescriptionMuscarinic receptor antagonist
Muscarinic antagonist. (Ki values for human receptors are 0.57 (M1), 7.3 (M2), 0.37 (M3), 0.72 (M4) and 0.55 nM (M5)).
Chemical name4-Diphenylacetoxy-N-methylpiperidine methiodide
Storage instructionsStore at Room Temperature. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO to 100 mM and in ethanol to 25 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
2D chemical structure image of ab120144, 4-DAMP, Muscarinic receptor antagonist
(A) rhAQP5 vector-transfected HSG cells were stimulated with CCh (100 µM) in the presence or absence of 4-DAMP (10 µM), prenzepine (10 µM), and mixture of 4-DAMP and prenzepine (M3R or M1R specific antagonist, respectively).
(B) To monitor hAQP5 trafficking, original GFP pictures in (A) were converted into 'Fire' 3D LUT (lookup tables) setting in ImageJ software and only GFP signal above the fluorescent signal threshold (?80, red or yellow color in converted picture), was captured in (B) as positive GFP signal. Yellow arrows indicate the positive GFP signal on the membrane and green arrows indicates signal in the cytoplasm in HSG cells.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab120144 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Zhao L et al. Choline Attenuates Cardiac Fibrosis by Inhibiting p38MAPK Signaling Possibly by Acting on M3 Muscarinic Acetylcholine Receptor. Front Pharmacol 10:1386 (2019). PubMed: 31849653
- Muere C et al. Evidence for respiratory neuromodulator interdependence after cholinergic disruption in the ventral respiratory column. Respir Physiol Neurobiol 205:7-15 (2015). PubMed: 25262584
- Lee BH et al. Autoantibodies against muscarinic type 3 receptor in Sjögren's syndrome inhibit aquaporin 5 trafficking. PLoS One 8:e53113 (2013). PubMed: 23382834