Key features and details
- Goat polyclonal to 4 Hydroxynonenal
- Suitable for: ELISA, WB
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-4 Hydroxynonenal antibody
See all 4 Hydroxynonenal primary antibodies
DescriptionGoat polyclonal to 4 Hydroxynonenal
SpecificityThis antibody specifically binds to HNE modified proteins.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ELISA, WBmore details
HNE conjugated to KLH
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.2% PBS, 0.435% Sodium chloride, 30% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesAntibody was purified by HNE modified Protein-Sepharose affinity column.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab46544 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||1/4000 - 1/32000.|
|WB||1/4000 - 1/32000. Predicted molecular weight: 10 kDa.|
RelevanceAldehydic products of lipid peroxidation, such as 4 hydroxynonenal (4 HNE), have been implicated in the etiology of pathological changes under oxidative stress as a key mediator of oxidative stress induced cell death. It is a stable product of lipid peroxidation, is proarrhythmic and may contribute to the cytotoxic effects of oxidative stress.
- 4 HNE antibody
- 4-Hydroxy-2-Nonenal antibody
ab46544 has been referenced in 21 publications.
- Coliva G et al. Impact of inhibition of the autophagy-lysosomal pathway on biomolecules carbonylation and proteome regulation in rat cardiac cells. Redox Biol N/A:101123 (2019). PubMed: 30737170
- García-Roche M et al. Impaired hepatic mitochondrial function during early lactation in dairy cows: Association with protein lysine acetylation. PLoS One 14:e0213780 (2019). PubMed: 30870481
- Campos-Pinto I et al. Epitope mapping and characterization of 4-hydroxy-2-nonenal modified-human serum albumin using two different polyclonal antibodies. Free Radic Biol Med N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31075498
- Rowan S et al. Involvement of a gut-retina axis in protection against dietary glycemia-induced age-related macular degeneration. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 114:E4472-E4481 (2017). PubMed: 28507131
- Han WH et al. Modifications in Retinal Mitochondrial Respiration Precede Type 2 Diabetes and Protracted Microvascular Retinopathy. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 58:3826-3839 (2017). PubMed: 28763556