Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [HNEJ-2] to 4 Hydroxynonenal
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-4 Hydroxynonenal antibody [HNEJ-2]
See all 4 Hydroxynonenal primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [HNEJ-2] to 4 Hydroxynonenal
Chemical/Small Molecule: 4-Hydroxy-2-Nonenal modified KLH.
- Colorectal carcinoma cells.
This product was changed from ascites to tissue culture supernatant on 28th February 2018. Please note that the dilutions may need to be adjusted accordingly. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our scientific support team.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferConstituent: 0.41% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Light chain typekappa
RelevanceAldehydic products of lipid peroxidation, such as 4 hydroxynonenal (4 HNE), have been implicated in the etiology of pathological changes under oxidative stress as a key mediator of oxidative stress induced cell death. It is a stable product of lipid peroxidation, is proarrhythmic and may contribute to the cytotoxic effects of oxidative stress.
- 4 HNE antibody
- 4-Hydroxy-2-Nonenal antibody
Elevated brain oxidative damage in ischemic 5xFAD mice
Formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded mouse brain tissue (from non-trasngenic or 5xFAD transgenic animals) stained for 4 Hydroxynonenal using ab48506 at in immunohistochemical analysis.
Scale bar = 20μm. (A2) and (B2) are representative images of 4-HNE staining (Red) in brain cortex and CA1 region, respectively.
ab48506 at a 1/25 dilution staining 4-Hydroxy-2-Nonenal in mouse heart tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (paraffin embedded) incubated for 15 hours at +4°C. Fixed with formaldehyde, heat mediated antigen retrieval step performed using citrate buffer. Blocked using 5% serum for 20 minutes at 20°C. Secondary used undiluted polyclonal Goat anti-mouse IgG conjugated to Alexa Fluor 594.
ab48506 has been referenced in 92 publications.
- Zhao H et al. Long-term voluntary running prevents the onset of symptomatic Friedreich's ataxia in mice. Sci Rep 10:6095 (2020). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 32269244
- Tan H et al. LanCL1 promotes motor neuron survival and extends the lifespan of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis mice. Cell Death Differ 27:1369-1382 (2020). PubMed: 31570855
- Lee HY et al. Phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase-d controls endoplasmic reticulum membrane fluidity and permeability in fungus-induced allergic inflammation in mice. Br J Pharmacol 177:1556-1567 (2020). PubMed: 31713846
- Liu Z et al. IFI6 depletion inhibits esophageal squamous cell carcinoma progression through reactive oxygen species accumulation via mitochondrial dysfunction and endoplasmic reticulum stress. J Exp Clin Cancer Res 39:144 (2020). PubMed: 32727517
- Samak MA et al. Outcomes of Gallic Acid on Alternariol Induced Cyto-Morphic and Genotoxic In Vivo Changes in Parotid Gland: 4-HNE Incorporated. Biomedicines 7:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31717852