Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to 4E-T
- Suitable for: WB, IP, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-4E-T antibody
See all 4E-T primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to 4E-T
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IP, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- HeLa cell lysates HEK-293T cells
General notesIf slight turbidity occurs upon prolonged storage, clarify the solution by centrifugation before use. Working dilutions should be discarded if not used within 12 hours.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
Constituent: 0.0268% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab55881 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
ICC/IF: Use at a concentration of 5 - 10 µg/ml, using paraformaldehyde-fixed HEK-293T cells.
WB: Use at a concentration of 1 - 2 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 108 kDa using HeLa cell lysate. Staining of eIF4ENIF1 in immunoblotting is specifically inhibited by the immunizing peptide.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionNucleoplasmic shuttling protein. Mediates the nuclear import of EIF4E by a piggy-back mechanism.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Predominantly cytoplasmic. Shuttles between the nucleus and the cytoplasm in a CRM1-dependent manner.
- Information by UniProt
- 2610509L04Rik antibody
- 4E T antibody
- 4E-T antibody
Lanes 1 & 3-4 : Anti-4E-T antibody (ab55881) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 2 : Anti-4E-T antibody (ab55881) at 2 µg/ml
Lanes 1-2 : Extracts of HeLa cells
Lane 3 : Extracts of HeLa cells with 4E-T immunizing peptide at 10 µg/ml
Lane 4 : Extracts of HeLa cells with Non-relevant peptide
at 10 µg/ml
All lanes : HRP-conjugated Goat anti-Rabbit IgG
Developed using the ECL technique.
Predicted band size: 108 kDa
IF localization of 4E-T in HEK-293T cells stained with ab55881 at 5 mg/ml (A), and DAPI (B). The antibody was detected with a FITC conjugated Goat anti-Rabbit IgG.
All lanes : Anti-4E-T antibody (ab55881) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Whole cell lysate prepared from HeLa cells
Lane 2 : siRNA knockdown
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : IRDye 800CW conjugated goat anti-rabbit polyclonal at 1/15000 dilution
Predicted band size: 108 kDa
ab55881 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Jafarnejad SM et al. Translational control of ERK signaling through miRNA/4EHP-directed silencing. Elife 7:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29412140
- Brandmann T et al. Molecular architecture of LSM14 interactions involved in the assembly of mRNA silencing complexes. EMBO J 37:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29510985
- Namkoong S et al. Systematic Characterization of Stress-Induced RNA Granulation. Mol Cell 70:175-187.e8 (2018). PubMed: 29576526
- Schunter AJ et al. Phosphoproteomics of colon cancer metastasis: comparative mass spectrometric analysis of the isogenic primary and metastatic cell lines SW480 and SW620. Anal Bioanal Chem 409:1749-1763 (2017). PubMed: 27987026
- Hubstenberger A et al. P-Body Purification Reveals the Condensation of Repressed mRNA Regulons. Mol Cell 68:144-157.e5 (2017). PubMed: 28965817
- Chapat C et al. Cap-binding protein 4EHP effects translation silencing by microRNAs. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 114:5425-5430 (2017). PubMed: 28487484
- Kamenska A et al. The DDX6-4E-T interaction mediates translational repression and P-body assembly. Nucleic Acids Res 44:6318-34 (2016). PubMed: 27342281
- Ostergaard JA et al. Diabetes-induced changes in mannan-binding lectin levels and complement activation in a mouse model of type 1 diabetes. Scand J Immunol 77:187-94 (2013). PubMed: 23350935
- Cargnello M et al. Phosphorylation of the eukaryotic translation initiation factor 4E-transporter (4E-T) by c-Jun N-terminal kinase promotes stress-dependent P-body assembly. Mol Cell Biol 32:4572-84 (2012). PubMed: 22966201