Key features and details
- Potent DNMT1 inhibitor. Induces DNA hypomethylation.
- CAS Number: 2353-33-5
- Purity: > 99%
- Soluble in water to 50 mM and in DMSO to 50 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product name5-Aza-2'-deoxycytidine (Decitabine), DNMT1 inhibitor
DescriptionPotent DNMT1 inhibitor. Induces DNA hypomethylation.
- NSC 127716
Potent DNA methyltransferase 1 (DNMT1) inhibitor (IC50 = 0.2 μM). Incorporated into DNA, inhibits DNMT1 activity to induce DNA hypomethylation. Interferes with protein synthesis. Shows antimetabolic and anticancer activities in vitro. Active in vivo.
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in water to 50 mM and in DMSO to 50 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab120842 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Moujalled DM et al. Combining BH3-mimetics to target both BCL-2 and MCL1 has potent activity in pre-clinical models of acute myeloid leukemia. Leukemia 33:905-917 (2019). PubMed: 30214012
- Evans MR et al. Human Papillomavirus 16 E2 Regulates Keratinocyte Gene Expression Relevant to Cancer and the Viral Life Cycle. J Virol 93:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30518656
- Mulati K et al. VISTA expressed in tumour cells regulates T cell function. Br J Cancer 120:115-127 (2019). PubMed: 30382166
- Zeng X et al. Secreted Frizzled Related Protein 2 Modulates Epithelial-Mesenchymal Transition and Stemness via Wnt/ß-Catenin Signaling in Choriocarcinoma. Cell Physiol Biochem 50:1815-1831 (2018). PubMed: 30396168