Product name5-Fluoroorotic acid hydrate, selective agent in yeast molecular genetics
DescriptionSelective agent in yeast molecular genetics.
- 2,6-Dihydroxy-5-fluoropyrimidine-4-carboxylic acid
- 5-Fluoro orotic acid
- 5-fluoro-2,6-dioxo-1,2,3,6-tetrahydropyrimidine-4-carboxylic acid
Selective agent in yeast molecular genetics, useful in the selection of orotidine-5′-phosphate decarboxylase mutants of Saccharomyces cerevisiae.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
This product has been referenced in:
- de Medeiros AS & Hoffman CS A yeast-based high-throughput screen for modulators of phosphodiesterase activity. Methods Mol Biol 1294:181-90 (2015). Read more (PubMed: 25783886) »
- Hamedi H et al. Generation of a Uracil Auxotroph Strain of the Probiotic Yeast Saccharomyces boulardii as a Host for the Recombinant Protein Production. Avicenna J Med Biotechnol 5:29-34 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23626874) »
- Boeke JD et al. 5-Fluoroorotic acid as a selective agent in yeast molecular genetics. Methods Enzymol 154:164-75 (1987). Read more (PubMed: 3323810) »