Key features and details
- Goat polyclonal to 5-HT2C Receptor
- Suitable for: WB, ELISA, IHC-Fr
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-5HT2C Receptor antibody
See all 5HT2C Receptor primary antibodies
DescriptionGoat polyclonal to 5HT2C Receptor
SpecificityAb32887 recognises 5HT2C Receptor.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ELISA, IHC-Frmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Dog, Chimpanzee
- Lysates of EBV immortalised Lymphoblastoids, T cell, MOLT4 and monocytic cell line U937.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.5% Tris buffered saline, 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesAb32887 was purified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab32887 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 - 3 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 50 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 52 kDa).
1 hour primary incubation is recommended for this product.
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Abreview 30686 suggests that this antibody is not suitable for this application|
FunctionThis is one of the several different receptors for 5-hydroxytryptamine (serotonin), a biogenic hormone that functions as a neurotransmitter, a hormone, and a mitogen. This receptor mediates its action by association with G proteins that activate a phosphatidylinositol-calcium second messenger system.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the G-protein coupled receptor 1 family.
DomainThe PDZ domain-binding motif is involved in the interaction with MPDZ.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- 5 Hydroxytryptamine 2C receptor antibody
- 5-HT-1C antibody
- 5-ht-1c receptor antibody
Anti-5-HT2C Receptor antibody (ab32887) at 1 µg/ml + EBV immortalised Lymphoblastoid lysate in RIPA buffer at 35 µg
Developed using the ECL technique.
Predicted band size: 52 kDa
Observed band size: 50 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 1 minute
ab32887 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Delicata F et al. Preferential modulation of the lateral habenula activity by serotonin-2A rather than -2C receptors: Electrophysiological and neuroanatomical evidence. CNS Neurosci Ther 24:721-733 (2018). PubMed: 29479825
- Ji G et al. 5-HT2CReceptor Knockdown in the Amygdala Inhibits Neuropathic-Pain-Related Plasticity and Behaviors. J Neurosci 37:1378-1393 (2017). PubMed: 28011743