Key features and details
- Goat polyclonal to 5-Hydroxymethyluridine
- Suitable for: ELISA
- Reacts with: Species independent
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-5-Hydroxymethyluridine antibody
DescriptionGoat polyclonal to 5-Hydroxymethyluridine
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ELISAmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Species independent
5-Hydroxymethyluridine coupled to a carrier protein.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab19735 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Relevance5 Hydroxymethyluridine is formed from thymidine during the oxidation of DNA by ionizing radiation or reactive oxygen species (ROS) that are formed from inflammatory response. This causes genetic mutations, altered gene expression and chromosomal instability that has generally been implicated with aging, cancers and autoimmune disease.
- 5 HmdU antibody
- 5 Hydroxymethyl 2’ deoxyuridine antibody
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab19735 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Herrmann A et al. Integrin a6 signaling induces STAT3-TET3-mediated hydroxymethylation of genes critical for maintenance of glioma stem cells. Oncogene 39:2156-2169 (2020). PubMed: 31819166
- Yakovlev IA et al. Mass spectrometry reveals the presence of specific set of epigenetic DNA modifications in the Norway spruce genome. Sci Rep 9:19314 (2019). PubMed: 31848418
- Cliffe LJ et al. JBP1 and 2 are Fe2+/2-OG dependent dioxygenases regulating the hydroxylation of thymidine residues in trypanosome DNA. J Biol Chem : (2012). IP . PubMed: 22514282