Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to 5HT1A Receptor
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-5HT1A Receptor antibody
See all 5HT1A Receptor primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to 5HT1A Receptor
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Horse, Chicken, Dog, Chimpanzee, Gorilla, Orangutan
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab85615 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 62 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 46 kDa).|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
FunctionThis is one of the several different receptors for 5-hydroxytryptamine (serotonin), a biogenic hormone that functions as a neurotransmitter, a hormone, and a mitogen. The activity of this receptor is mediated by G proteins that inhibit adenylate cyclase activity.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the G-protein coupled receptor 1 family. 5-hydroxytryptamine receptor subfamily. HTR1A sub-subfamily.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- 5 HT 1A antibody
- 5 HT receptor 1A antibody
- 5 HT1A antibody
IHC image of 5HT1A Receptor staining in Human normal liver formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab85615, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
ICC/IF image of ab85615 stained HepG2 cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab85615, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
All lanes : Anti-5HT1A Receptor antibody (ab85615) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Caco 2 (Human colonic carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : Rat Hippocampus Tissue Lysate
Lane 3 : Mouse Hippocampus Tissue Lysate
Lane 4 : HepG2 (Human hepatocellular liver carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 5 : Jurkat (Human T cell lymphoblast-like cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 46 kDa
Observed band size: 62 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 37 kDa, 48 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 30 seconds
The expression profile observed is consistent with what has been described in the literature (PMID: 16772521).
ab85615 has been referenced in 15 publications.
- Cui WQ et al. Spinal Serotonin 1A Receptor Contributes to the Analgesia of Acupoint Catgut Embedding by Inhibiting Phosphorylation of the N-Methyl-d-Aspartate Receptor GluN1 Subunit in Complete Freund's Adjuvant-Induced Inflammatory Pain in Rats. J Pain 20:16.e1-16.e16 (2019). PubMed: 30102991
- Sobrido-Cameán D et al. Serotonin inhibits axonal regeneration of identifiable descending neurons after a complete spinal cord injury in lampreys. Dis Model Mech 12:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30709851
- Chen Y et al. Risk of Developing Hepatocellular Carcinoma following Depressive Disorder Based on the Expression Level of Oatp2a1 and Oatp2b1. Biomed Res Int 2019:3617129 (2019). PubMed: 31467884
- Pan Q et al. Selective inhibition of intestinal 5-HT improves neurobehavioral abnormalities caused by high-fat diet mice. Metab Brain Dis 34:747-761 (2019). PubMed: 30931486
- Yi L et al. Down-regulation of HTR1A-modulated ACC activation contributes to stress-induced visceral hyperalgesia in rats. Neurogastroenterol Motil 31:e13620 (2019). PubMed: 31121088