Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to 5HT1B Receptor
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, IHC-Fr
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-5HT1B Receptor antibody
See all 5HT1B Receptor primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to 5HT1B Receptor
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, IHC-Frmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Rat 5HT1B Receptor. 8-26(CAPPPPATSQTGVPLANLS) and 263-278(VTSINSRVPEVPSESG)
Database link: P28564
- Tested with human brain lysate.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Purification notesThis antibody is affinity purified.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab13896 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 40-41 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 47 kDa).|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 4 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 24642693|
FunctionThis is one of the several different receptors for 5-hydroxytryptamine (serotonin), a biogenic hormone that functions as a neurotransmitter, a hormone, and a mitogen. The activity of this receptor is mediated by G proteins that inhibit adenylate cyclase activity.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the G-protein coupled receptor 1 family.
modificationsPhosphorylated. Desensitization of the receptor may be mediated by its phosphorylation.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- 5 HT1DB antibody
- 5 hydroxytryptamine receptor 1B antibody
- 5-HT-1B antibody
ab17976 staining 5HT1B in Human colon tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-P - paraformaldehyde-fixed, paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue was fixed with 10% NBFand blocked with antibody block for 10 minutes; antigen retrieval was by heat mediation in CC1 Mild. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/100 in antibody diluent) for 1 hour at 37°C. An undiluted Biotin-conjugated Goat anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal was used as the secondary antibody.
Western blot analysis of 5HT1B Receptor in human brain lysate with ab13896. A protein band of approximate molecular weight of 40-41kDa was detected. Western blot analysis of 5HT1B Receptor in human brain lysate with ab13896. A protein band of approximate molecular weight of 40-41kDa was detected.
ab2607 (4µg/ml) staining 5HT1B in human testis using an automated system (DAKO Autostainer Plus). Using this protocol there is strong staining of membrane compartment of the mature seminiferous tubules and possible interstitial cells.
Sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with the Dako 3 in 1 AR buffer EDTA pH 9.0 in a DAKO PT link. Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 mins. They were then blocked with Dako Protein block for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS) then incubated with primary antibody for 20 min and detected with Dako envision flex amplification kit for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with Diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin and coverslipped under DePeX. Please note that, for manual staining, optimization of primary antibody concentration and incubation time is recommended. Signal amplification may be required.
ab13896 has been referenced in 17 publications.
- Pu ZH et al. Alkaloids from the rhizomes of Ligusticum striatum exert antimigraine effects through regulating 5-HT1B receptor and c-Jun. J Ethnopharmacol 237:39-46 (2019). PubMed: 30880256
- Frederiksen SD et al. Expression of Pituitary Adenylate Cyclase-activating Peptide, Calcitonin Gene-related Peptide and Headache Targets in the Trigeminal Ganglia of Rats and Humans. Neuroscience 393:319-332 (2018). PubMed: 30336190
- Han X et al. Electroacupuncture restores hippocampal synaptic plasticity via modulation of 5-HT receptors in a rat model of depression. Brain Res Bull 139:256-262 (2018). WB . PubMed: 29524471
- Li Y et al. Pericytes impair capillary blood flow and motor function after chronic spinal cord injury. Nat Med 23:733-741 (2017). IHC ; Rat . PubMed: 28459438
- Steinberg A et al. Expression of messenger molecules and receptors in rat and human sphenopalatine ganglion indicating therapeutic targets. J Headache Pain 17:78 (2016). PubMed: 27587062