Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to 5HT2A Receptor
- Suitable for: IHC-FoFr, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-5HT2A Receptor antibody
See all 5HT2A Receptor primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to 5HT2A Receptor
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-FoFr, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Rat cortex, amygdala and hippocampus tissue; mouse frontal cortical neuron cultures.
General notesUpon delivery dilute with phosphate buffer or Tris buffer at dilutions no higher than 1/10, aliquot and freeze at -15° C or lower. Antibody can be stored for up to six months if handled as described above.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab66049 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-FoFr||1/300 - 1/500. Biotin/Streptavidin-HRP Technique.|
|WB||1/100. Detects a band of approximately 53 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 53 kDa).|
FunctionThis is one of the several different receptors for 5-hydroxytryptamine (serotonin), a biogenic hormone that functions as a neurotransmitter, a hormone, and a mitogen. This receptor mediates its action by association with G proteins that activate a phosphatidylinositol-calcium second messenger system. This receptor is involved in tracheal smooth muscle contraction, bronchoconstriction, and control of aldosterone production.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the G-protein coupled receptor 1 family.
DomainThe PDZ domain-binding motif is involved in the interaction with INADL, CASK, APBA1, DLG1 and DLG4.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Localizes to the post-synaptic thickening of axo-dendritic synapses.
- Information by UniProt
- 5 HT 2 antibody
- 5 HT 2A antibody
- 5 HT2 receptor antibody
ab66049 at 1/100 dilution staining 5HT2A Receptor in Mouse frontal cortical neuron cultures (p1 pups, day 4 culture, for 48hrs) by Immunohistochemistry, Paraformaldehyde-fixed tissue.
Anti-5HT2A Receptor antibody (ab66049) at 1/400 dilution + Human Platelet (Human adult normal cell line) Whole Cell Lysate at 20 µg
Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) preadsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 53 kDa
Observed band size: 53 kDa
Additional bands at: 57 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 4 minutes
ab66049, at 1/300 dilution staining 5HT2A Receptor in Rat cerebral cortex by Immunohistochemistry, Paraformaldehyde-fixed tissue.
ab66049 has been referenced in 11 publications.
- Eickelbeck D et al. CaMello-XR enables visualization and optogenetic control of Gq/11 signals and receptor trafficking in GPCR-specific domains. Commun Biol 2:60 (2019). PubMed: 30793039
- Delicata F et al. Preferential modulation of the lateral habenula activity by serotonin-2A rather than -2C receptors: Electrophysiological and neuroanatomical evidence. CNS Neurosci Ther 24:721-733 (2018). PubMed: 29479825
- Szlachta M et al. Repeated Clozapine Increases the Level of Serotonin 5-HT1AR Heterodimerization with 5-HT2Aor Dopamine D2Receptors in the Mouse Cortex. Front Mol Neurosci 11:40 (2018). PubMed: 29497362
- Wang P et al. Inflammatory mediators mediate airway smooth muscle contraction through a G protein-coupled receptor-transmembrane protein 16A-voltage-dependent Ca2+ channel axis and contribute to bronchial hyperresponsiveness in asthma. J Allergy Clin Immunol 141:1259-1268.e11 (2018). WB . PubMed: 28754608
- Edwards KA et al. Serotonin receptor regulation as a potential mechanism for sexually dimorphic oxytocin dysregulation in a model of Autism. Brain Res N/A:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30040918