Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR6487] to 5HT2C Receptor
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameAnti-5HT2C Receptor antibody [EPR6487]
See all 5HT2C Receptor primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR6487] to 5HT2C Receptor
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt,ICC/IF,IHC-Fr,IHC-P or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- WB: SH-SY5Y whole cell lysate and human brain tissue lysate.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
We are constantly working hard to ensure we provide our customers with best in class antibodies. As a result of this work we are pleased to now offer this antibody in purified format. We are in the process of updating our datasheets. The purified format is designated 'PUR' on our product labels. If you have any questions regarding this update, please contact our Scientific Support team.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Dissociation constant (KD)KD = 9.40 x 10 -12 M Learn more about KD
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 59% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab133570 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 52 kDa.|
FunctionThis is one of the several different receptors for 5-hydroxytryptamine (serotonin), a biogenic hormone that functions as a neurotransmitter, a hormone, and a mitogen. This receptor mediates its action by association with G proteins that activate a phosphatidylinositol-calcium second messenger system.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the G-protein coupled receptor 1 family.
DomainThe PDZ domain-binding motif is involved in the interaction with MPDZ.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- 5 Hydroxytryptamine 2C receptor antibody
- 5-HT-1C antibody
- 5-ht-1c receptor antibody
All lanes : Anti-5HT2C Receptor antibody [EPR6487] (ab133570) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : SH-SY5Y (Human neuroblastoma epithelial cell) whole cell lysates
Lane 2 : Human brain lysates
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) (ab97051) at 1/20000 dilution
Predicted band size: 52 kDa
Observed band size: 75 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 3 minutes
Blocking/Diluting buffer and concentration 5% NFDM/TBST
Equilibrium disassociation constant (KD)
Learn more about KD
Click here to learn more about KD
ab133570 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Nyarko JNK et al. Glycosylation States of Pre- and Post-synaptic Markers of 5-HT Neurons Differ With Sex and 5-HTTLPR Genotype in Cortical Autopsy Samples. Front Neurosci 12:545 (2018). PubMed: 30147642
- Ji G et al. 5-HT2CReceptor Knockdown in the Amygdala Inhibits Neuropathic-Pain-Related Plasticity and Behaviors. J Neurosci 37:1378-1393 (2017). PubMed: 28011743