Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to 5HT3A receptor/5ht3
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-5HT3A receptor/5ht3 antibody
See all 5HT3A receptor/5ht3 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to 5HT3A receptor/5ht3
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Rat 5HT3A receptor/5ht3. The immunogen is a mixture of synthetic peptides corresponding to amino acids 27-42 (RATQAHSTTQPALLRL) and 427-442 (LSSIRHSLEKRDEMRE).
Database link: P35563
- human brain lysate
This product was previously labelled as 5HT3A receptor
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab13897 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 - 3 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 55 kDa.|
FunctionThis is one of the several different receptors for 5-hydroxytryptamine (serotonin), a biogenic hormone that functions as a neurotransmitter, a hormone, and a mitogen. This receptor is a ligand-gated ion channel, which when activated causes fast, depolarizing responses in neurons. It is a cation-specific, but otherwise relatively nonselective, ion channel.
Tissue specificityExpressed in cerebral cortex, amygdala, hippocampus, and testis. Detected in monocytes of the spleen and tonsil, in small and large intestine, uterus, prostate, ovary and placenta.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ligand-gated ion channel (TC 1.A.9) family. 5-hydroxytryptamine receptor (TC 1.A.9.2) subfamily. HTR3A sub-subfamily.
Cellular localizationCell junction, synapse, postsynaptic cell membrane. Cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- 5 HT 3 antibody
- 5 HT3 receptor antibody
- 5 HT3A antibody
All lanes : Anti-5HT3A receptor/5ht3 antibody (ab13897) at 3 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Human Brain tissue lysate
Lane 2 : Mouse Brain tissue lysate
Lane 3 : Rat Brain tissue lysate
Predicted band size: 55 kDa
IHC image of ab13897 staining in human normal cerebral cortex formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab13897, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
Western Blot of human brain lysate staining 5HT3A receptor with ab13897
ab13897 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Fu YL et al. LMAN1 (ERGIC-53) promotes trafficking of neuroreceptors. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 511:356-362 (2019). PubMed: 30791981
- Li B et al. Deciphering the multicomponent synergy mechanisms of SiNiSan prescription on irritable bowel syndrome using a bioinformatics/network topology based strategy. Phytomedicine 63:152982 (2019). PubMed: 31299593
- Zhao L et al. Prolongation of bronchopulmonary C-fiber-mediated apnea by prenatal nicotinic exposure in rat pups: role of 5-HT3 receptors. FASEB J 33:10731-10741 (2019). PubMed: 31251077
- Nguyen H et al. Downregulated hypothalamic 5-HT3 receptor expression and enhanced 5-HT3 receptor antagonist-mediated improvement in fatigue-like behaviour in cholestatic rats. Neurogastroenterol Motil 20:228-35 (2008). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 17919312