Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to 6X His tag®
- Suitable for: WB, IP
- Reacts with: Species independent
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-6X His tag® antibody
See all 6X His tag® primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to 6X His tag®
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IPmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Species independent
A synthetic peptide: HHHHHH (6-His) conjugated to KLH.
- ab2431 E. coli Positive Control (Escherichia coli) Whole Cell Lysate - expressing 6X His tag protein. His-tagged recombinant proteins.
General notesHIS-TAG® is a trademark of EMD Biosciences, Inc.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.00
Preservative: 0.01% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: 79.99% PBS, 20% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine)
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab137839 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000.|
RelevanceThe H-H-H-H-H-H motif is used as a tag on many recombinant proteins to facilitate purification. The antibody recognizes the His-tag fused to the amino- or carboxy- termini of targeted proteins in transfected or transformed cells.
Cellular localizationDepends upon the localization of the parent protein tagged with hexahistidine.
- 6 His epitope tag antibody
- Hexa His tag antibody
- HHHHHH epitope tag antibody
All lanes : Anti-6X His tag® antibody (ab137839) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Non-transformed E. Coli lysate
Lane 2 : Non-transformed E. Coli lysate, induced
Lane 3 : E.coli Lysate harbouring His-tagged recombinant protein (N-terminal linked), non-induced
Lane 4 : E.coli Lysate harbouring His-tagged recombinant protein (N-terminal linked), induced
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
12% SDS PAGE
All lanes : Anti-6X His tag® antibody (ab137839)
Lane 1 : E.coli Lysate harbouring His-tagged recombinant protein (N-terminal linked), non-induced
Lane 2 : E.coli Lysate harbouring His-tagged recombinant protein (N-terminal linked), induced
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
His-tagged protein was immunoprecipitated from transfected cells using 8 ug of ab137839. The precipitated His-tagged protein was detected by ab137839 diluted at 1/500.
ab137839 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- van der Schoot JMS et al. Functional diversification of hybridoma-produced antibodies by CRISPR/HDR genomic engineering. Sci Adv 5:eaaw1822 (2019). PubMed: 31489367
- Shen K et al. Dual Role of Ribosome-Binding Domain of NAC as a Potent Suppressor of Protein Aggregation and Aging-Related Proteinopathies. Mol Cell 74:729-741.e7 (2019). PubMed: 30982745
- Rudan M et al. Normal mitochondrial function in Saccharomyces cerevisiae has become dependent on inefficient splicing. Elife 7:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29570052
- Pearson CS et al. Identification of a critical sulfation in chondroitin that inhibits axonal regeneration. Elife 7:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29762123
- Jaroentomeechai T et al. Single-pot glycoprotein biosynthesis using a cell-free transcription-translation system enriched with glycosylation machinery. Nat Commun 9:2686 (2018). PubMed: 30002445
- Varlakhanova NV et al. Ivy1 is a negative regulator of Gtr-dependent TORC1 activation. J Cell Sci 131:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30097557
- Shirey CM et al. Notes and tips for improving quality of lipid-protein overlay assays. Anal Biochem 516:9-12 (2017). PubMed: 27742211
- Liu R et al. A Novel Inhibitor of Homeodomain Interacting Protein Kinase 2 Mitigates Kidney Fibrosis through Inhibition of the TGF-ß1/Smad3 Pathway. J Am Soc Nephrol 28:2133-2143 (2017). PubMed: 28220029
- Groß F et al. Copper amine oxidase 8 regulates arginine-dependent nitric oxide production in Arabidopsis thaliana. J Exp Bot 68:2149-2162 (2017). PubMed: 28383668
- Konitsiotis AD et al. Topological analysis of Hedgehog acyltransferase, a multipalmitoylated transmembrane protein. J Biol Chem 290:3293-307 (2015). WB . PubMed: 25505265