Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to 6X His tag®
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Species independent
- Isotype: IgG
- Research with confidence – consistent and reproducible results with every batch
- Long-term and scalable supply – powered by recombinant technology for fast production
- Success from the first experiment – confirmed specificity through extensive validation
- Ethical standards compliant – production is animal-free
Product nameAnti-6X His tag® antibody
See all 6X His tag® primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to 6X His tag®
ab14923 reacts to recombinant proteins containing the 6X His tag® fused to either the amino or carboxy terminus in transfected or transformed cells.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Species independent
- E. coli Positive Control (Escherichia coli ) Whole Cell Lysate - expressing 6X His tag protein, ab2431.
HIS-TAG® is a trademark of EMD Biosciences, Inc.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle. Store In the Dark.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab14923 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Use a concentration of 0.5 µg/ml.
Use a concentration of 0.5 µg/ml.
RelevanceThe H-H-H-H-H-H motif is used as a tag on many recombinant proteins to facilitate purification. The antibody recognizes the His-tag fused to the amino- or carboxy- termini of targeted proteins in transfected or transformed cells.
Cellular localizationDepends upon the localization of the parent protein tagged with hexahistidine.
- 6 His epitope tag antibody
- Hexa His tag antibody
- HHHHHH epitope tag antibody
Anti-6X His tag® antibody (ab14923) at 0.6 µg/ml +
E. coli Positive Control (Escherichia coli ) Whole Cell Lysate - expressing 6X His tag protein (ab2431) at 10 µg
Alexa Fluor Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG at 1/10000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Observed band size: 17 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab14923 has been referenced in 11 publications.
- Yang L et al. Interplay between REVEILLE1 and RGA-LIKE2 regulates seed dormancy and germination in Arabidopsis. New Phytol 225:1593-1605 (2020). PubMed: 31580487
- Salari S et al. Evaluation of a new live recombinant vaccine against cutaneous leishmaniasis in BALB/c mice. Parasit Vectors 13:415 (2020). PubMed: 32787908
- Metwally E et al. Calcium-Activated Calpain Specifically Cleaves Glutamate Receptor IIA But Not IIB at the Drosophila Neuromuscular Junction. J Neurosci 39:2776-2791 (2019). PubMed: 30705102
- Sun J et al. Histone demethylase LSD1 regulates bone mass by controlling WNT7B and BMP2 signaling in osteoblasts. Bone Res 6:14 (2018). PubMed: 29707403
- Shao Q et al. Uncoupling of UNC5C with Polymerized TUBB3 in Microtubules Mediates Netrin-1 Repulsion. J Neurosci 37:5620-5633 (2017). PubMed: 28483977