Product nameAnti-6X His tag® antibody (HRP)
See all 6X His tag® primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to 6X His tag® (HRP)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ELISA, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Species independent
Synthetic peptide: HHHHHH conjugated to KLH.
- E. coli Positive Control (Escherichia coli ) Whole Cell Lysate - expressing 6X His tag protein (ab2431) can be used as a positive control in WB.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.00
Preservative: 0.01% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: 1.19% HEPES, 0.58% Sodium chloride, 0.2% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesAntibodies were immunoaffinity purified using the peptide conjugated to a solid-phase support and conjugated to horseradish peroxidase.
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Highest Sensitivity) (ab171522)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (High Sensitivity) (ab171523)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Fast Kinetic Rate) (ab171524)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slow Kinetic Rate) (ab171525)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slower Kinetic Rate) (ab171526)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slowest Kinetic Rate) (ab171527)
- 450 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171529)
- 650 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171531)
- Immunoassay Blocking Buffer (ab171534)
- Immunoassay Blocking (BSA Free) (ab171535)
- Anti-6X His tag® antibody [4D11] (HRP) (ab202004)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab1187 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||1/5000 - 1/20000.|
|WB||1/1000 - 1/5000.|
RelevanceThe H-H-H-H-H-H motif is used as a tag on many recombinant proteins to facilitate purification. The antibody recognizes the His-tag fused to the amino- or carboxy- termini of targeted proteins in transfected or transformed cells.
Cellular localizationDepends upon the localization of the parent protein tagged with hexahistidine.
- 6 His epitope tag antibody
- Hexa His tag antibody
- HHHHHH epitope tag antibody
All lanes : Anti-6X His tag® antibody (HRP) (ab1187) at 1/4000 dilution
Lane 1 : 4ug Human His-tagged protein purified from E.coli
Lane 2 : 2ug Human His-tagged protein purified from E.coli
Lane 3 : 1ug Human His-tagged protein purified from E.coli
Lane 4 : 0.5ug Human His-tagged protein purified from E.coli
Observed band size: 136 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab1187 has been referenced in 72 publications.
- Li S et al. The AREB1 Transcription Factor Influences Histone Acetylation to Regulate Drought Responses and Tolerance in Populus trichocarpa. Plant Cell 31:663-686 (2019). PubMed: 30538157
- Golinski AW et al. Biophysical Characterization Platform Informs Protein Scaffold Evolvability. ACS Comb Sci 21:323-335 (2019). PubMed: 30681831
- Kim B et al. Enterococcus faecium secreted antigen A generates muropeptides to enhance host immunity and limit bacterial pathogenesis. Elife 8:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30969170
- Pozzi S et al. Virus-mediated delivery of antibody targeting TAR DNA-binding protein-43 mitigates associated neuropathology. J Clin Invest 129:1581-1595 (2019). PubMed: 30667370
- Notarangelo M et al. Ultrasensitive detection of cancer biomarkers by nickel-based isolation of polydisperse extracellular vesicles from blood. EBioMedicine 43:114-126 (2019). PubMed: 31047861