Product nameAnti-BNIP3 antibody
See all BNIP3 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to BNIP3
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ELISA, ICC/IF, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
KLH conjugated synthetic peptide, selected from within aa 1-100 (BH3 domain) of human NIP3.
- Mouse brain tissue lysate and Ramos cell lysate, breast carcinoma tissue.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab38621 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/100 - 1/500. Detects a band of approximately 22 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 22 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 - 5 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval via the microwave method before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionApoptosis-inducing protein that, which can overcome BCL2 suppression. May play a role in repartitioning calcium between the two major intracellular calcium stores in association with BCL2.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the NIP3 family.
Cellular localizationMitochondrion. Mitochondrion membrane. Coexpression with the EIB 19-kDa protein results in a shift in NIP3 localization pattern to the nuclear envelope. Colocalizes with ACAA2 in the mitochondria.
- Information by UniProt
- BCL2 Adenovirus E1B 19kDa Interacting Protein 3 antibody
- BCL2/adenovirus E1B 19 kDa protein interacting protein 3 antibody
- BCL2/adenovirus E1B 19 kDa protein-interacting protein 3 antibody
All lanes : Anti-BNIP3 antibody (ab38621) at 1/100 dilution
Lane 1 : Ramos cell lysate
Lane 2 : Mouse brain tissue lysate
Predicted band size: 22 kDa
Observed band size: 22 kDa
Additional bands at: 15 kDa, 60 kDa, 65 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
This image shows human breast carcinoma stained with ab38621 at 1/50 dilution.
This image shows human colon carcinoma stained with ab38621 at 5ug/200ul dilution.
ICC/IF image of ab38621 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab38621, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
This product has been referenced in:
- Duval N et al. The Bcl-2 Homology-3 Domain (BH3)-Only Proteins, Bid, DP5/Hrk, and BNip3L, Are Upregulated in Reactive Astrocytes of End-Stage Mutant SOD1 Mouse Spinal Cord. Front Cell Neurosci 12:15 (2018). WB ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 29440992) »
- Zhao L et al. Long non-coding RNA HULC promotes UVB-induced injury by up-regulation of BNIP3 in keratinocytes. Biomed Pharmacother 104:672-678 (2018). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 29803927) »