Key features and details
- Goat polyclonal to Ceruloplasmin
- Suitable for: WB, ELISA, ICC
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Ceruloplasmin antibody
See all Ceruloplasmin primary antibodies
DescriptionGoat polyclonal to Ceruloplasmin
SpecificityBy immunoelectrophoresis and ELISA this antibody reacts specifically with ceruloplasmin. No antibody was detected against other serum proteins.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ELISA, ICCmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Unfortunately, this information is considered to be commercially sensitive
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab19171 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 122 kDa.|
|ELISA||1/100 - 1/1000.|
|ICC||1/200 - 1/2000.|
FunctionCeruloplasmin is a blue, copper-binding (6-7 atoms per molecule) glycoprotein. It has ferroxidase activity oxidizing Fe(2+) to Fe(3+) without releasing radical oxygen species. It is involved in iron transport across the cell membrane.
Tissue specificityExpressed by the liver and secreted in plasma.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in CP are the cause of aceruloplasminemia (ACERULOP) [MIM:604290]. It is an autosomal recessive disorder of iron metabolism characterized by iron accumulation in the brain as well as visceral organs. Clinical features consist of the triad of retinal degeneration, diabetes mellitus and neurological disturbances.
Note=Ceruloplasmin levels are decreased in Wilson disease, in which copper cannot be incorporated into ceruloplasmin in liver because of defects in the copper-transporting ATPase 2.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the multicopper oxidase family.
Contains 3 F5/8 type A domains.
Contains 6 plastocyanin-like domains.
- Information by UniProt
- CERU_HUMAN antibody
- Ceruloplasmin antibody
- CP 2 antibody
ab19171 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Zanardi A et al. Ceruloplasmin replacement therapy ameliorates neurological symptoms in a preclinical model of aceruloplasminemia. EMBO Mol Med 10:91-106 (2018). PubMed: 29183916
- Wisniewska M et al. Copper to Zinc Ratio as Disease Biomarker in Neonates with Early-Onset Congenital Infections. Nutrients 9:N/A (2017). WB ; Human . PubMed: 28358335
- Carnuta MG et al. Dysfunctional high-density lipoproteins have distinct composition, diminished anti-inflammatory potential and discriminate acute coronary syndrome from stable coronary artery disease patients. Sci Rep 7:7295 (2017). PubMed: 28779156
- Hatori Y et al. Functional partnership of the copper export machinery and glutathione balance in human cells. J Biol Chem 287:26678-87 (2012). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 22648419
- Mittag J et al. Serum copper as a novel biomarker for resistance to thyroid hormone. Biochem J 443:103-9 (2012). WB . PubMed: 22220593
- Li Z et al. Rapid and sensitive detection of protein biomarker using a portable fluorescence biosensor based on quantum dots and a lateral flow test strip. Anal Chem 82:7008-14 (2010). PubMed: 20704391