Product nameAnti-Cytokeratin 18 antibody
See all Cytokeratin 18 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Cytokeratin 18
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Cow
Recombinant fragment, corresponding to a region within amino acids 164-425 of Human Cytokeratin 18 (NP_000215, NP_954657).
- Recombinant Human Cytokeratin 18 protein (ab73638) can be used as a positive control in WB. HeLa cells and whole cell lysate, A431, H1299, HepG2, Molt4, Raji whole cell lysates, H661 xenograft tissue.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.00
Preservative: 0.01% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: 1.21% Tris, 0.75% Glycine, 20% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- HepG2 cytoplasmic extract lysate (ab14659)
- HeLa whole cell lysate (ab150035)
- HeLa whole cell lysate (ab29545)
- Raji whole cell lysate (ab30124)
- A431 whole cell lysate (ab30132)
- Recombinant Human Cytokeratin 18 protein (ab73638)
- HepG2 whole cell lysate (ab7900)
- A431 whole cell lysate (ab7909)
- MOLT4 whole cell lysate (ab7912)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab137860 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/1000. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol using 10mM Citrate buffer (pH6.0) or Tris-EDTA buffer (pH8.0)|
|WB||1/5000 - 1/20000. Predicted molecular weight: 48 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||1/100 - 1/1000.|
FunctionInvolved in the uptake of thrombin-antithrombin complexes by hepatic cells (By similarity). When phosphorylated, plays a role in filament reorganization. Involved in the delivery of mutated CFTR to the plasma membrane. Together with KRT8, is involved in interleukin-6 (IL-6)-mediated barrier protection.
Tissue specificityExpressed in colon, placenta, liver and very weakly in exocervix. Increased expression observed in lymph nodes of breast carcinoma.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in KRT18 are a cause of cirrhosis (CIRRH) [MIM:215600].
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intermediate filament family.
modificationsPhosphorylation at Ser-34 increases during mitosis. Hyperphosphorylated at Ser-53 in diseased cirrhosis liver. Phosphorylation increases by IL-6.
Proteolytically cleaved by caspases during epithelial cell apoptosis. Cleavage occurs at Asp-238 by either caspase-3, caspase-6 or caspase-7.
O-glycosylated at multiple sites; glycans consist of single N-acetylglucosamine residues.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > perinuclear region.
- Information by UniProt
- Cell proliferation inducing gene 46 protein antibody
- Cell proliferation inducing protein 46 antibody
- Cell proliferation-inducing gene 46 protein antibody
Immunofluorescence analysis of paraformaldehyde fixed HeLa cells labelling Cytokeratin 18 with ab137860 at 1/200. Lower panel shows mergence with DNA probe.
Anti-Cytokeratin 18 antibody (ab137860) at 1/10000 dilution + Raji whole cell lysate at 30 µg
Predicted band size: 48 kDa
10% SDS PAGE
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin embedded H661 xenograft tissue labelling Cytokeratin 18 with ab137860 at 1/500.
ab137860 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.