Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to EZH1
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, ELISA
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-EZH1 antibody
See all EZH1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to EZH1
SpecificityThis antibody detects endogenous levels of total EZH1 protein.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, ELISAmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Synthetic peptide (Human) from an internal region of EZH1.
- WB: Extracts from HT-29 cells, LOVO cells, A549 cells, NIH-3T3 cells, RAW264.7 cells and COS-7 cells. IHC-P: human brain tissue.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride
Without Mg2+ and Ca2+
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesThe antibody was affinity purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity chromatography using epitope specific immunogen.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab64850 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 85 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 85 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100.|
FunctionPolycomb group (PcG) protein. Catalytic subunit of the PRC2/EED-EZH1 complex, which methylates 'Lys-27' of histone H3, leading to transcriptional repression of the affected target gene. Able to mono-, di- and trimethylate 'Lys-27' of histone H3 to form H3K27me1, H3K27me2 and H3K27me3, respectively. Required for embryonic stem cell derivation and self-renewal, suggesting that it is involved in safeguarding embryonic stem cell identity. Compared to EZH1-containing complexes, it is less abundant in embryonic stem cells, has weak methyltransferase activity and plays a less critical role in forming H3K27me3, which is required for embryonic stem cell identity and proper differentiation.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the histone-lysine methyltransferase family. EZ subfamily.
Contains 1 SET domain.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Colocalizes with trimethylated 'Lys-27' of histone H3.
- Information by UniProt
- Enhancer of zeste homolog 1 (Drosophila) antibody
- Enhancer of zeste homolog 1 antibody
- ENX-2 antibody
All lanes : Anti-EZH1 antibody (ab64850) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Extracts from HT-29 cells
Lane 2 : Extract from LOVO
Lane 3 : Extracts from A549 cells
Lane 4 : Extracts from NIH-3T3 cells
Lane 5 : Extracts from RAW264.7 cells
Lane 6 : Extracts from COS-7 cells
Lane 7 : Extracts from COS-7 cells with blocking peptide at 5 µg
Lysates/proteins at 5 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 85 kDa
Observed band size: 85 kDa
Ab64850 (1/50 dilution) staining EZH1 in paraffin embedded human brain tissue by immunohistochemistry.
The left panel is in the absence of blocking peptide, whereas the right panel is in the presence of blocking peptide.
ab64850 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Wang L et al. The Effect of Overexpression of the Enhancer of Zeste Homolog 1 (EZH1) Gene on Aristolochic Acid-Induced Injury in HK-2 Human Kidney Proximal Tubule Cells In Vitro. Med Sci Monit 25:801-810 (2019). PubMed: 30688289
- Koppens MA et al. Large variety in a panel of human colon cancer organoids in response to EZH2 inhibition. Oncotarget 7:69816-69828 (2016). PubMed: 27634879
- Wu H et al. Dual functions of Tet1 in transcriptional regulation in mouse embryonic stem cells. Nature 473:389-93 (2011). PubMed: 21451524
- Sdek P et al. Rb and p130 control cell cycle gene silencing to maintain the postmitotic phenotype in cardiac myocytes. J Cell Biol 194:407-23 (2011). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 21825075