Key features and details
- CAS Number: 104987-11-3
- Soluble in DMSO to 100 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Streptomyces tsukubaensis
Product nameFK506 (Tacrolimus), Immunosuppressant
Immunosuppressant. Complexes with FKBP-12 to inhibit calcineurin.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO to 100 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Toxic, refer to SDS for further information.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab120223 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Use at an assay dependent concentration.
Use at an assay dependent concentration.
2D chemical structure image of ab120223, FK506 (Tacrolimus), Immunosuppressant
ab32518 staining IkBα/β in RAW 264.7 cells treated with FK506 (ab120223), by ICC/IF. Decrease in IkBα/&beta expression correlates with increased concentration of FK506, as described in literature.
The cells were incubated at 37°C for 3h in media containing different concentrations of ab120223 (FK506) in DMSO, fixed with 100% methanol for 5 minutes at -20°C and blocked with PBS containing 10% goat serum, 0.3 M glycine, 1% BSA and 0.1% tween for 2h at room temperature. Staining of the treated cells with ab32518 (1/100 dilution) was performed overnight at 4°C in PBS containing 1% BSA and 0.1% tween. A DyLight 488 goat anti-rabbit polyclonal antibody (ab96899) at 1/250 dilution was used as the secondary antibody. Nuclei were counterstained with DAPI and are shown in blue.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab120223 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Di Campli MP et al. The mononuclear phagocyte system contributes to fibrosis in post-transplant obliterans bronchiolitis. Eur Respir J 57:N/A (2021). PubMed: 33033147
- Wang H et al. Oxidation of multiple MiT/TFE transcription factors links oxidative stress to transcriptional control of autophagy and lysosome biogenesis. Autophagy 16:1683-1696 (2020). PubMed: 31826695
- Ilmarinen T et al. Survival and functionality of xeno-free human embryonic stem cell-derived retinal pigment epithelial cells on polyester substrate after transplantation in rabbits. Acta Ophthalmol 97:e688-e699 (2019). PubMed: 30593729
- Huang TQ et al. Protection of FK506 against neuronal apoptosis and axonal injury following experimental diffuse axonal injury. Mol Med Rep 15:3001-3010 (2017). PubMed: 28339015
- Pramme-Steinwachs I et al. Extracellular calcium modulates brown adipocyte differentiation and identity. Sci Rep 7:8888 (2017). PubMed: 28827782
- Morillon YM et al. Antibody Binding to CD4 Induces Rac GTPase Activation and Alters T Cell Migration. J Immunol 197:3504-3511 (2016). PubMed: 27694496
- Rojanathammanee L et al. Attenuation of microglial activation in a mouse model of Alzheimer's disease via NFAT inhibition. J Neuroinflammation 12:42 (2015). PubMed: 25889879
- Winther ÅM et al. An Endocytic Scaffolding Protein together with Synapsin Regulates Synaptic Vesicle Clustering in the Drosophila Neuromuscular Junction. J Neurosci 35:14756-70 (2015). PubMed: 26538647
- Cohen A et al. Glucose activates TORC2-Gad8 protein via positive regulation of the cAMP/cAMP-dependent protein kinase A (PKA) pathway and negative regulation of the Pmk1 protein-mitogen-activated protein kinase pathway. J Biol Chem 289:21727-37 (2014). PubMed: 24928510
- Jensen T & Edwards JG Calcineurin is required for TRPV1-induced long-term depression of hippocampal interneurons. Neurosci Lett 510:82-7 (2012). PubMed: 22260796