Product nameHistone H3 (tri-methyl K9) Quantification Kit (Colorimetric)
See all Histone H3 (K9 methylation) kits
Sample typeTissue, Adherent cells, Suspension cells
Assay time2h 30m
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Mammals
Histone H3 (tri-methyl K9) Quantification Kit (Colorimetric) (ab115064) allows the user to specifically measure global tri-methylation of histone H3K9 colorimetrically using a variety of mammalian cells including fresh and frozen tissues, cultured adherent and suspension cells
Methylation of histone H3 at lysine 9 by ESET, G9a among other methyl transferases is involved in euchromatin gene silencing as well as heterochromatin formation. In particular, H3(tri -methyl K9) mediates heterochromatin formation by forming a binding site for HP and is a stable heterochromatin mark which promotes gene silencing.is a facultative heterochromatin mark, which promotes the recruitment of polycomb group proteins for gene silencing.
Storage instructionsPlease refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 48 tests 96 tests 10X Wash Buffer 1 x 10ml 1 x 20ml 8-Well Sample Strips (with Frame) 4 units 9 units 8-Well Standard Control Strips Green Ringed 2 units 3 units Antibody Buffer 1 x 6ml 1 x 12ml Color Developer 1 x 5ml 1 x 10ml Detection Antibody, 1 mg/mL 1 x 5µl 1 x 10µl Standard Control (100 µg/mL) 1 x 10µl 1 x 20µl Stop Solution 1 x 3ml 1 x 6ml
- Histone H3 (K9) Methyltransferase Activity Quantification Assay Kit (ab113453)
- Histone H3 (methyl K9) Assay Kit (In Situ) (ab115047)
- Histone H3 (mono-methyl K9) Quantification Kit (Colorimetric) (ab115060)
- Histone H3 (mono-methyl K9) Quantification Kit (Fluorometric) (ab115061)
- Histone H3 (di-methyl K9) Quantification Kit (Colorimetric) (ab115062)
- Histone H3 (di-methyl K9) Quantification Kit (Fluorometric) (ab115063)
- Histone H3 (tri-methyl K9) Quantification Kit (Fluorometric) (ab115065)
- Histone H3 (pan-methyl K9) Quantification Kit (Colorimetric) (ab115066)
- Histone H3 (pan-methyl K9) Quantification Kit (Fluorometric) (ab115067)
Histone extracts were prepared from MDA-MB-231 cells using the Histone Extraction Kit (ab113476) and the amount of trimethyl-H3-K9 was measured using ab115064.