Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 4.4 ng/ml
- Range: 0.063 µg/ml - 0.5 µg/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Cerebral Spinal Fluid, Plasma, Serum
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameHuman Apolipoprotein E ELISA Kit (APOE)
See all Apolipoprotein E kits
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 6.1% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 10.7%
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma, Cerebral Spinal Fluid
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity= 4.4 ng/ml
Range0.063 µg/ml - 0.5 µg/ml
Assay time4h 00m
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Does not react with: Cynomolgus monkey
Human Apolipoprotein E ELISA kit (ApoE) is designed for the quantitative measurement of Apolipoprotein E concentrations in human plasma, serum, cerebrospinal fluid and cell culture supernatant samples.
An Apolipoprotein E specific antibody has been precoated onto 96-well plates and blocked. Standards or test samples are added to the wells and subsequently an Apolipoprotein E specific biotinylated detection antibody is added and then followed by washing with wash buffer. Streptavidin-Peroxidase Complex is added and unbound conjugates are washed away with wash buffer. TMB is then used to visualize Streptavidin-Peroxidase enzymatic reaction. TMB is catalyzed by Streptavidin-Peroxidase to produce a blue color product that changes into yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is directly proportional to the amount of Apolipoprotein E captured in plate. The kit recognizes ApoE-2, ApoE-3, and ApoE-4 isoforms.
The entire kit may be stored at -20°C for long term storage before reconstitution - Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 100X Streptavidin-Peroxidase Conjugate 1 x 80µl 10X Diluent N Concentrate 1 x 30ml 1X Standard Diluent 1 x 2ml 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 2 x 30ml 50X Biotinylated Human Apolipoprotein E Antibody 1 x 120µl Apolipoprotein E Microplate (12 x 8 well strips) 1 unit Apolipoprotein E Standard 2 vials Chromogen Substrate 1 x 7ml Sealing Tapes 3 units Stop Solution 1 x 11ml
ab108813 has been referenced in 19 publications.
- Hashimoto Y et al. Restoration of the reduced CLSP activity alleviates memory impairment in Alzheimer disease. Transl Psychiatry 11:44 (2021). PubMed: 33441550
- Brampton C et al. ABCC6 deficiency promotes dyslipidemia and atherosclerosis. Sci Rep 11:3881 (2021). PubMed: 33594095
- De Giorgi M et al. Targeting the Apoa1 locus for liver-directed gene therapy. Mol Ther Methods Clin Dev 21:656-669 (2021). PubMed: 34141821
- Riad A et al. The Sigma-2 Receptor/TMEM97, PGRMC1, and LDL Receptor Complex Are Responsible for the Cellular Uptake of Aß42 and Its Protein Aggregates. Mol Neurobiol 57:3803-3813 (2020). PubMed: 32572762
- Cipollari E et al. Correlates and Predictors of Cerebrospinal Fluid Cholesterol Efflux Capacity from Neural Cells, a Family of Biomarkers for Cholesterol Epidemiology in Alzheimer's Disease. J Alzheimers Dis 74:563-578 (2020). PubMed: 32065798