Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 10 pg/ml
- Range: 12.35 pg/ml - 3000 pg/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Plasma, Serum
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameHuman CD105 ELISA Kit (Endoglin)
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity< 10 pg/ml
Range12.35 pg/ml - 3000 pg/ml
> 96 %
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell culture supernatant 96.92 87% - 110% Serum 120.1 111% - 130% Plasma 116.7 94% - 132%
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Abcam’s CD105 (Endoglin) Human ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of Human CD105 in serum, plasma, and cell culture supernatants.
This assay employs an antibody specific for Human CD105 coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and CD105 present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-Human CD105 antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP-conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of CD105 bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
Optimisation may be required with urine samples.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 20X Wash Buffer 1 x 25ml 400X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl 5X Assay Diluent 1 x 15ml Biotinylated anti-Human CD105 2 vials CD105 Microplate (12 x 8 well strips) 1 unit Recombinant Human CD105 Standard (lyophilized) 2 vials Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml
RelevanceCD105 or Endoglin is a Type I transmembrane protein, which is highly expressed on human vascular endothelial cells. It exists on an O- and N-glycosylated homodimer. Up regulation of endoglin expression has been demonstrated in tumor vasculature and proliferating cells, suggesting that it is a proliferation associated endothelial marker. CD105 binds to TGF beta 1 and 3 with high affinity but not to TGF beta 2.
- CD 105
- SwissProt: P17813 Human
ab100507 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Cenariu D et al. Zeaxanthin-Rich Extract from Superfood Lycium barbarum Selectively Modulates the Cellular Adhesion and MAPK Signaling in Melanoma versus Normal Skin Cells In Vitro. Molecules 26:N/A (2021). PubMed: 33440679
- Corcelli M et al. Neuroprotection of the hypoxic-ischemic mouse brain by human CD117+CD90+CD105+amniotic fluid stem cells. Sci Rep 8:2425 (2018). PubMed: 29402914
- Garcés MF et al. Maternal Serum Meteorin Levels and the Risk of Preeclampsia. PLoS One 10:e0131013 (2015). PubMed: 26121675