Product nameRecombinant mouse Wnt3a protein
See all Wnt3a proteins and peptides
The ED50 was determined by its ability to induced alkaline phosphatase production by CCL-226 cells.
The expected ED50 for this effect is 0.4-0.6 ng/ml.
Purity> 75 % SDS-PAGE.
Greater than 75% by HPLC analyses.
Expression systemCell Culture
Protein lengthFull length protein
SequenceSY PIWWSLAVGP QYSSLSTQPI LCASIPGLVP KQLRFCRNYV EIMPSVAEGV KAGIQECQHQ FRGRRWNCTT VSNSLAIFGP VLDKATRESA FVHAIASAGV AFAVTRSCAE GSAAICGCSS RLQGSPGEGW KWGGCSEDIE FGGMVSREFA DARENRPDAR SAMNRHNNEA GRQAIASHMH LKCKCHGLSG SCEVKTCWWS QPDFRTIGDF LKDKYDSASE MVVEKHRESR GWVETLRPRY TYFKVPTERD LVYYEASPNF CEPNPETGSF GTRDRTCNVS SHGIDGCDLL CCGRGHNART ERRREKCHCV FHWCCYVSCQ ECTRVYDVHT CK
Amino acids19 to 352
Additional sequence informationab81484 is a monomeric glycoprotein containing 334 amino acid residues. This protein is the mature full length (aa19-352), it does not contain the signal peptide from aa 1-18.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab81484 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Endotoxin level is less than 0.2 ng per µg (2EU/µg).
Formulation: Sterile filtered through a 0.2 micron filter. Lyophilized from 10mM Sodium Phosphate, pH 7.5 + 500mM NaCl + 0.5% CHAPS.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
ReconstitutionReconstitute to a concentration of 0.1 mg/ml with ddH2O. Once reconstituted product is stable for at least 3 months when stored in working aliquots with a carrier protein at -200C.
- Protein Wnt 3a Precursor
- Protein Wnt-3a
- Wingless type MMTV integration site family member 3A
FunctionLigand for members of the frizzled family of seven transmembrane receptors. Wnt-3 and Wnt-3a play distinct roles in cell-cell signaling during morphogenesis of the developing neural tube.
Tissue specificityModerately expressed in placenta and at low levels in adult lung, spleen, and prostate.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the Wnt family.
Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix.
- Information by UniProt
Human embryonic stem cells (HUES4) were differentiated as monolayer cultures on matrigel coated dishes using a protocol described in Kroon et al, Nat Biotechnol. (2008). Inhibin beta A (ab50051) and Wnt3a (ab81484) were added to cultures to direct differentiation towards definitive endoderm. This image was taken 3 days after induction, where the definitive endoderm marker FOXA2 (ab40874 in green) is abundant. Dapi staining is shown in blue. Magnification: 200x. Negative controls of fluorescently conjugated secondary antibodies only showed no staining.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab81484 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Polley A et al. Asporin Reduces Adult Aortic Valve Interstitial Cell Mineralization Induced by Osteogenic Media and Wnt Signaling Manipulation In Vitro. Int J Cell Biol 2020:2045969 (2020). PubMed: 32328102
- Zhang YG et al. Intestinal epithelial HMGB1 inhibits bacterial infection via STAT3 regulation of autophagy. Autophagy 15:1935-1953 (2019). PubMed: 30894054
- Kim DH et al. Calpain 9 as a therapeutic target in TGFß-induced mesenchymal transition and fibrosis. Sci Transl Med 11:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31316008
- Matei N et al. Intranasal wnt3a Attenuates Neuronal Apoptosis through Frz1/PIWIL1a/FOXM1 Pathway in MCAO Rats. J Neurosci 38:6787-6801 (2018). PubMed: 29954850
- Sezgin E et al. Binding of canonical Wnt ligands to their receptor complexes occurs in ordered plasma membrane environments. FEBS J 284:2513-2526 (2017). PubMed: 28626941
- Grol MW et al. P2X7 nucleotide receptor signaling potentiates the Wnt/ß-catenin pathway in cells of the osteoblast lineage. Purinergic Signal 12:509-20 (2016). PubMed: 27206526
- Bastakoty D et al. Temporary, Systemic Inhibition of the WNT/ß-Catenin Pathway promotes Regenerative Cardiac Repair following Myocardial Infarct. Cell Stem Cells Regen Med 2:N/A (2016). PubMed: 28042617
- Xie W et al. Sox2 modulates Lef-1 expression during airway submucosal gland development. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 306:L645-60 (2014). Mouse . PubMed: 24487391