Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR4766] to SOX1
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, Flow Cyt, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
Product nameAnti-SOX1 antibody [EPR4766]
See all SOX1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR4766] to SOX1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, Flow Cyt, ICC/IFmore details
Unsuitable for: IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human SOX1. The exact sequence is proprietary.
- NCCIT, SH-SY5Y, MCF7, and HeLa whole cell lysate (ab150035), Human fetal brain tissue, NCCIT cells
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 40% Glycerol, 9.85% Tris glycine, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab109290 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 40 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 39 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/250. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|Flow Cyt||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|ICC/IF||1/100 - 1/250.|
Tissue specificityMainly expressed in the developing central nervous system.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 HMG box DNA-binding domain.
- Information by UniProt
- Sex determining region Y box 1 antibody
- sox1 antibody
- SOX1_HUMAN antibody
Immunofluorescent staining of NCCIT cells using ab109290 at a dilution of 1/100.
All lanes : Anti-SOX1 antibody [EPR4766] (ab109290) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : NCCIT cell lysate
Lane 2 : SH-SY5Y cell lysate
Lane 3 : MCF7 cell lysate
Lane 4 : HeLa cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 39 kDa
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded Human fetal brain tissue using ab109290 at a dilution of 1/100.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
Flow Cytometry analysis of NCCIT (human pluripotent embryonal carcinoma) cells labeling SOX1 with unpurified ab109290 at 1/100 dilution (10ug/ml) (red). Cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde and permeabilised with 90% methanol. A Goat anti rabbit IgG (Alexa Fluor® 488)(1/2000 dilution) was used as the secondary antibody. Rabbit monoclonal IgG (Black) was used as the isotype control, cells without incubation with primary antibody and secondary antibody (Blue) was used as the unlabeled control.
ab109290 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Li G et al. Generation and Characterization of Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells and Retinal Organoids From a Leber's Congenital Amaurosis Patient With Novel RPE65 Mutations. Front Mol Neurosci 12:212 (2019). PubMed: 31572124
- Topalovic V et al. Epigenetic regulation of human SOX3 gene expression during early phases of neural differentiation of NT2/D1 cells. PLoS One 12:e0184099 (2017). PubMed: 28886103
- Zhang Q et al. Neural Progenitor-Like Cells Induced from Human Gingiva-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells Regulate Myelination of Schwann Cells in Rat Sciatic Nerve Regeneration. Stem Cells Transl Med 6:458-470 (2017). PubMed: 28191764
- Popovic J et al. Expression analysis of SOX14 during retinoic acid induced neural differentiation of embryonal carcinoma cells and assessment of the effect of its ectopic expression on SOXB members in HeLa cells. PLoS One 9:e91852 (2014). WB ; Human . PubMed: 24637840
- Feng N et al. Generation of highly purified neural stem cells from human adipose-derived mesenchymal stem cells by Sox1 activation. Stem Cells Dev 23:515-29 (2014). PubMed: 24138016
- Ko HA et al. Cell type-selective expression of the zinc finger-containing gene Nolz-1/Zfp503 in the developing mouse striatum. Neurosci Lett 548:44-9 (2013). ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 23684982
- Han J et al. A combined epigenetic and non-genetic approach for reprogramming human somatic cells. PLoS One 5:e12297 (2010). PubMed: 20808872