Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to TGF beta 1
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-FrFl, IHC-P, IHC-Fr, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, Pig
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-TGF beta 1 antibody
See all TGF beta 1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to TGF beta 1
SpecificityFull length, inactive 44 kD TGFB1 is cleaved into mature TGFB1 (13 kD). TGFB1 also homodimerizes and heterodimerizes with TGFB2, so there is potential for multiple different band sizes in WB.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-FrFl, IHC-P, IHC-Fr, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, Pig
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human TGF beta 1. Surrounding amino acid 374.
- WB: RAW 264.7 whole cell lysate (ab7187), Mouse 3T3 cell lysate. IHC-P: Mouse intestine tissue; human retina tissue.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: 0.5% BSA, 30% Glycerol, 0.15% EDTA, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab92486 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.5 - 4 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 44 kDa.Can be blocked with Human TGF beta 1 peptide (ab231650).
Full length, inactive 44 kD TGFB1 is cleaved into mature TGFB1 (13 kD). TGFB1 also homodimerizes and heterodimerizes with TGFB2, so there is potential for multiple different band sizes in WB.
|IHC-FrFl||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 24647450|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 10 - 20 µg/ml.|
|IHC-Fr||Use a concentration of 10 - 20 µg/ml.|
FunctionMultifunctional protein that controls proliferation, differentiation and other functions in many cell types. Many cells synthesize TGFB1 and have specific receptors for it. It positively and negatively regulates many other growth factors. It plays an important role in bone remodeling as it is a potent stimulator of osteoblastic bone formation, causing chemotaxis, proliferation and differentiation in committed osteoblasts.
Tissue specificityHighly expressed in bone. Abundantly expressed in articular cartilage and chondrocytes and is increased in osteoarthritis (OA). Co-localizes with ASPN in chondrocytes within OA lesions of articular cartilage.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in TGFB1 are the cause of Camurati-Engelmann disease (CE) [MIM:131300]; also known as progressive diaphyseal dysplasia 1 (DPD1). CE is an autosomal dominant disorder characterized by hyperostosis and sclerosis of the diaphyses of long bones. The disease typically presents in early childhood with pain, muscular weakness and waddling gait, and in some cases other features such as exophthalmos, facial paralysis, hearing difficulties and loss of vision.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the TGF-beta family.
The precursor is cleaved into mature TGF-beta-1 and LAP, which remains non-covalently linked to mature TGF-beta-1 rendering it inactive.
Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix.
- Information by UniProt
- Cartilage-inducing factor antibody
- CED antibody
- Differentiation inhibiting factor antibody
ab92486 staining TGF beta 1 in Rabbit intestinal tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-P - paraformaldehyde-fixed, paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue was fixed with paraformaldehyde and blocked with 5% BSA for 30 minutes at 20°C; antigen retrieval was by heat mediation in a citrate buffer. Samples were incubated with primary antibody for 24 hours at 4°C. A undiluted ABC Fa.Zytomed was used as the secondary antibody.
Western blot of mouse 3T3 cell lysate with ab92486 at a concentration of 4 µg/ml.
ab92486 staining TGF beta 1 in Mouse intestine tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-P - paraformaldehyde-fixed, paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue was fixed with paraformaldehyde and blocked with 5% BSA for 30 minutes at 20°C; antigen retrieval was by heat mediation in a citrate buffer. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/100 in blocking buffer) for 24 hours at 4°C. An undiluted HRP-conjugated Human anti-rabbit polyclonal was used as the secondary antibody.
ab92486 staining TGF beta 1 in Human retina membrane by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-P - paraformaldehyde-fixed, paraffin-embedded sections).
Tissue was fixed with paraformaldehyde and blocked with 10% serum for 30 minutes at 20°C; antigen retrieval was by heat mediation. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/400 in PBS + 1% Triton X-100 + 2% goat serum) for 24 hours at 4°C. An HRP-conjugated Human polyclonal was used as the secondary antibody.
ab92486 has been referenced in 304 publications.
- Qu S et al. MicroRNA-194 reduces inflammatory response and human dermal microvascular endothelial cells permeability through suppression of TGF-ß/SMAD pathway by inhibiting THBS1 in chronic idiopathic urticaria. J Cell Biochem 121:111-124 (2020). PubMed: 31190349
- Zhang NN et al. Flavanomarein inhibits high glucose-stimulated epithelial-mesenchymal transition in HK-2 cells via targeting spleen tyrosine kinase. Sci Rep 10:439 (2020). PubMed: 31949205
- Zhao W et al. Splicing factor derived circular RNA circUHRF1 accelerates oral squamous cell carcinoma tumorigenesis via feedback loop. Cell Death Differ 27:919-933 (2020). PubMed: 31570856
- Cai X et al. LncRNA AK131850 is downregulated in thoracic aortic aneurysm and negatively affects the levels of TGF-ß1 in aortic smooth muscle cells. Arch Physiol Biochem N/A:1-6 (2020). PubMed: 32501722
- Wang Y et al. Inhibition of Smad3 promotes the healing of rotator cuff injury in a rat model. J Orthop Res N/A:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32484997