Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Vasopressin
- Suitable for: IHC-FoFr
- Reacts with: Rat, Pig
- Isotype: IgG
- Research with confidence – consistent and reproducible results with every batch
- Long-term and scalable supply – powered by recombinant technology for fast production
- Success from the first experiment – confirmed specificity through extensive validation
- Ethical standards compliant – production is animal-free
Product nameAnti-Vasopressin antibody
See all Vasopressin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Vasopressin
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-FoFrmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Pig
Full length native protein (purified)
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab39363 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Use at an assay dependent concentration.
Use at an assay dependent concentration.
RelevanceVasopressin, also known as arginine vasopressin (AVP) or antidiuretic hormone (ADH), is a posterior pituitary hormone that is synthesised in the hypothalamus. Vasopressin is synthesised as a precursor protein that consists of arginine vasopressin and two associated proteins, neurophysin 2 and the glycopeptide copeptin. Vasopressin, together with its carrier protein neurophysin II, is packaged into neurosecretory vesicles and transported axonally to the nerve endings in the neurohypophysis, where it is either stored or secreted into the bloodstream. Vasopressin acts as a growth factor by enhancing pH regulation through acid-base transport systems. It has a direct antidiuretic action on the kidney and also causes vasoconstriction of the peripheral vessels. Vasopressin can also contract smooth muscle during parturition and lactation. It also plays a role in cognition, tolerance, adaptation and complex sexual and maternal behaviour, as well as in the regulation of water excretion and cardiovascular functions. Mutations in the vasopressin precursor cause autosomal dominant neurohypophyseal diabetes insipidus (ADNDI), which is characterised by persistant thirst, polydipsia and polyuria.
- ADH antibody
- Antidiuretic hormone antibody
- Arginine vasopressin neurophysin II antibody
ab39363 has been referenced in 14 publications.
- Kania A et al. RLN3/RXFP3 Signaling in the PVN Inhibits Magnocellular Neurons via M-like Current Activation and Contributes to Binge Eating Behavior. J Neurosci 40:5362-5375 (2020). PubMed: 32532885
- Hernández-Pérez OR et al. A Synaptically Connected Hypothalamic Magnocellular Vasopressin-Locus Coeruleus Neuronal Circuit and Its Plasticity in Response to Emotional and Physiological Stress. Front Neurosci 13:196 (2019). PubMed: 30949017
- Song TJ et al. Altered Behaviors and Impaired Synaptic Function in a Novel Rat Model With a Complete Shank3 Deletion. Front Cell Neurosci 13:111 (2019). PubMed: 30971895
- Zhao Z et al. A Central Catecholaminergic Circuit Controls Blood Glucose Levels during Stress. Neuron 95:138-152.e5 (2017). PubMed: 28625488
- Kania A et al. Inhibition of oxytocin and vasopressin neuron activity in rat hypothalamic paraventricular nucleus by relaxin-3-RXFP3 signalling. J Physiol 595:3425-3447 (2017). PubMed: 28098344