Key features and details
- Ca2+ ionophore
- CAS Number: 52665-69-7
- Soluble in DMSO to 100 mM (with heating)
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Steptomyces chartreusensis
Product nameA23187 (Calcimycin), Ca2+ ionophore
A mobile ion-carrier that forms stable complexes with divalent cations. Useful for increasing intracellular Ca2+ levels. Also acts as an uncoupler of oxidative phosphorylation and inhibitor of mitochondrial ATPase activity. An antibiotic with weak activity against Gram-positive bacteria.
Chemical name5-(Methylamino)-2-[[2R,3R,6S,8S,9R,11R)-3,9,11-trimethyl-8-[(1S)-1-methyl-2-oxo-2-(1H-pyrrol-2-yl)-ethyl]-1,7- dioxaspiro[5.5]undec-2-yl]methyl]-4-benzoxazolecarboxylic acid
Storage instructionsStore at Room Temperature. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO to 100 mM (with heating)
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab120287 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Guo Y et al. Differentiation of HL-60 cells in serum-free hematopoietic cell media enhances the production of neutrophil extracellular traps. Exp Ther Med 21:353 (2021). PubMed: 33732326
- Gupta K et al. Bile canaliculi contract autonomously by releasing calcium into hepatocytes via mechanosensitive calcium channel. Biomaterials 259:120283 (2020). PubMed: 32827796
- Dong Y et al. Selective and sensitive fluorescence imaging reveals microenvironment-dependent behavior of NO modulators in the endothelial system. J Pharm Anal 10:466-472 (2020). PubMed: 33133730
- Fukushima T et al. Discrimination of Dormant and Active Hematopoietic Stem Cells by G0 Marker Reveals Dormancy Regulation by Cytoplasmic Calcium. Cell Rep 29:4144-4158.e7 (2019). PubMed: 31851939
- Luyten T et al. Resveratrol-induced autophagy is dependent on IP3Rs and on cytosolic Ca2. Biochim Biophys Acta 1864:947-956 (2017). PubMed: 28254579
- Wang X et al. Histone H3K4 methyltransferase Mll1 regulates protein glycosylation and tunicamycin-induced apoptosis through transcriptional regulation. Biochim Biophys Acta 1843:2592-602 (2014). PubMed: 24983772
- Salzer S et al. Cathelicidin peptide LL-37 increases UVB-triggered inflammasome activation: possible implications for rosacea. J Dermatol Sci 76:173-9 (2014). PubMed: 25306296