For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
Please find attached 4 technical questionnaires from the same customer, I thought it would be easier if I attached them all in this email rather than filling out a separate technical enquiry for each one. If another method is preferred please let me know.
AB36970, AB7360, AB336 & AB68466
Abcam Invoice #: xxxxxx
Thanks so much for your help, from what I understand the customer would like a replacement of each antibody to be sent if they are eligible.
Asked on Aug 23 2012
Thank you for reporting the problems encountered with these antibodies and for taking the time to complete the questionnaire. I am sorry to hear that these antibodieshave not providing satisfactory results so far.
The details provided will enable us to investigate this case and will provide us with vital information for monitoring product quality.
Having reviewed this case, there are a few further details I would like clarified if possible:
1. You have mentioned that BSA, milk and Roti block were tried. When each blocking agent was tried, was the same blocking used in the primary antibody diluent? For example, when using the BSA blokcing, did you use BSA in the antibody diluent or did you continue with milk for this? Was this the case for the secondary antibody as well?
2. Could you explain how the membranes were stripped between each staining?
3. Were the same transfer conditions used for each antibody?
4. What exposure times were used?
5. Could youshare some images of the blots obtained? With each lane labelled with the samples and the molecular weight markers. If its not too much trouble, could the images of the blotting with the xxxxxx antibody and the acting loading control also be included. This would help greatly in understanding more fully the problems encountered with the antibodies.
6. With the anti-P Glycoprotein antibody (ab3366), did you use the same secondary antibody as with the other antibodies? Please bear in mind that this is a mouse monoclonal antibody and will not be detected by the anti-rabbit secondary antibody. Was a different antibody used? If so, has this one been used successfully previously?
In the event that a product is not functioning in the species and applications cited on the product datasheet (and the problem has been reported within 6 months of purchase), we would be pleased to provide a free of charge replacement, credit note, or refund.
I look forward to receiving your reply.
Answered on Aug 23 2012