Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to ABL1
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB, IP, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-ABL1 antibody
See all ABL1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to ABL1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WB, IP, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human ABL1. The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: O43543
- Placenta. This antibody gave a positive result when used in the following formaldehyde fixed cell lines: HeLa.
This product is FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. For commercial use, please contact email@example.com.
Previously labelled as c Abl.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.60
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab15130 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/50. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Predicted molecular weight: 122.9 kDa.|
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
FunctionProtein kinase that regulates key processes linked to cell growth and survival. Regulates cytoskeleton remodeling during cell differentiation, cell division and cell adhesion. Localizes to dynamic actin structures, and phosphorylates CRK and CRKL, DOK1, and other proteins controlling cytoskeleton dynamics. Regulates DNA repair potentially by activating the proapoptotic pathway when the DNA damage is too severe to be repaired. Phosphorylates PSMA7 that leads to an inhibition of proteasomal activity and cell cycle transition blocks.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed.
Involvement in diseaseNote=A chromosomal aberration involving ABL1 is a cause of chronic myeloid leukemia. Translocation t(9;22)(q34;q11) with BCR. The translocation produces a BCR-ABL found also in acute myeloid leukemia (AML) and acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL).
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Tyr protein kinase family. ABL subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
Contains 1 SH2 domain.
Contains 1 SH3 domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated by PRKDC (By similarity). DNA damage-induced activation of c-Abl requires the function of ATM and Ser-446 phosphorylation (By similarity). Phosphorylation on Thr-735 is required for binding 14-3-3 proteins for cytoplasmic translocation.
Isoform IB is myristoylated on Gly-2.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton. Nucleus. Sequestered into the cytoplasm through interaction with 14-3-3 proteins and Nucleus membrane. The myristoylated c-ABL protein is reported to be nuclear.
- Information by UniProt
- Abelson murine leukemia viral oncogene homolog 1 antibody
- Abelson tyrosine protein kinase 1 antibody
- Abl 1 antibody
ab15130 staining ABL1 in human placenta by Immunohistochemistry (FFPE-sections)..
ab15130 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody ab15130 at 5µg/ml overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was DyLight® 488 goat anti- rabbit (ab96899) IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM. This antibody also gave a positive result in 4% formaldehyde fixed (10min) Hek293, HepG2, and MCF-7 cells, and also in 100% Methanol fixed (5min) Hela, Hek293, HepG2, and MCF-7 cells.
ab15130 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Li B et al. c-Abl regulates YAPY357 phosphorylation to activate endothelial atherogenic responses to disturbed flow. J Clin Invest 129:1167-1179 (2019). PubMed: 30629551
- Burger K et al. Tyrosine kinase c-Abl couples RNA polymerase II transcription to DNA double-strand breaks. Nucleic Acids Res N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30668775
- O'Connell EM et al. Defining the target and the effect of imatinib on the filarial c-Abl homologue. PLoS Negl Trop Dis 11:e0005690 (2017). PubMed: 28727765
- Li Y et al. Immune signature profiling identified predictive and prognostic factors for esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Oncoimmunology 6:e1356147 (2017). PubMed: 29147607
- Dho SH et al. NOX5-L can stimulate proliferation and apoptosis depending on its levels and cellular context, determining cancer cell susceptibility to cisplatin. Oncotarget 6:39235-46 (2015). PubMed: 26513170
- Koos B et al. The tyrosine kinase c-Abl promotes proliferation and is expressed in atypical teratoid and malignant rhabdoid tumors. Cancer 116:5075-81 (2010). PubMed: 20629032