Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to ACE2
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-ACE2 antibody
See all ACE2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to ACE2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Unsuitable for: ICC/IF
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Hamster, Cat, Dog, Orangutan
- WB: Human kidney tissue lysate (ab30203). IHC-P: Mouse heart tissue.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab87436 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 92 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 92 kDa).|
FunctionCarboxypeptidase which converts angiotensin I to angiotensin 1-9, a peptide of unknown function, and angiotensin II to angiotensin 1-7, a vasodilator. Also able to hydrolyze apelin-13 and dynorphin-13 with high efficiency. May be an important regulator of heart function. In case of human coronaviruses SARS and HCoV-NL63 infections, serve as functional receptor for the spike glycoprotein of both coronaviruses.
Tissue specificityExpressed in endothelial cells from small and large arteries, and in arterial smooth muscle cells. Expressed in lung alveolar epithelial cells, enterocytes of the small intestine, Leydig cells and Sertoli cells (at protein level). Expressed in heart, kidney, testis, and gastrointestinal system.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase M2 family.
modificationsN-glycosylation on Asn-90 may limit SARS infectivity.
Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- ACE 2 antibody
- ACE related carboxypeptidase antibody
- ACE-related carboxypeptidase antibody
Anti-ACE2 antibody (ab87436) at 1 µg/ml + Human kidney tissue lysate - total protein (ab30203) at 10 µg
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 92 kDa
Observed band size: 92 kDa
Additional bands at: 115 kDa (possible glycosylated form)
Exposure time: 30 seconds
ACE2 contains multiple glycosylation sites (SwissProt) which may account for the characteristic reaction observed around the predicted molecular weight.
ab87436 staining ACE2 in mouse heart tissue sections by immunohistochemistry. Tissue was fixed with paraformaldehyde and blocked with 2% BSA for 1 hour at 25oC; antigen retrieval was by heat mediation in a citrate buffer. Samples were incubated with ab87436 (1/100 dilution) for 18 hours at 4oC. A HRP-conjugated goat anti-rabbit polyclonal (1/50) was used as the secondary antibody.
ab87436 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Joshi S et al. Hypoxic regulation of angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 and Mas receptor in human CD34+ cells. J Cell Physiol N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30989646
- Min JJ et al. Effects of Pravastatin on Type 1 Diabetic Rat Heart with or without Blood Glycemic Control. J Diabetes Res 2018:1067853 (2018). PubMed: 29682576
- Lee J et al. Enteroendocrine-derived glucagon-like peptide-2 controls intestinal amino acid transport. Mol Metab 6:245-255 (2017). PubMed: 28271031
- Gao H et al. A Low-Protein Diet Enhances Angiotensin II Production in the Lung of Pregnant Rats but not Nonpregnant Rats. J Pregnancy 2016:4293431 (2016). WB . PubMed: 27195150
- Gao H et al. Gestational protein restriction increases angiotensin II production in rat lung. Biol Reprod 88:64 (2013). PubMed: 23365412
- Gao H et al. Maternal protein restriction reduces expression of angiotensin I-converting enzyme 2 in rat placental labyrinth zone in late pregnancy. Biol Reprod 86:31 (2012). WB, IHC-P ; Rat . PubMed: 22011389
- Gao H et al. Protein restriction to pregnant rats increases the plasma levels of angiotensin II and expression of angiotensin II receptors in uterine arteries. Biol Reprod 86:68 (2012). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 22088913