Key features and details
- Suitable for: Blocking
Product nameACE2 peptide
See all ACE2 proteins and peptides
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab198988 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Blocking - Blocking peptide for Anti-ACE2 antibody [EPR4435(2)] (ab108252)
This is the blocking peptide for ab108252
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C.
Information available upon request.
- ACE 2
- ACE related carboxypeptidase
- ACE-related carboxypeptidase
FunctionCarboxypeptidase which converts angiotensin I to angiotensin 1-9, a peptide of unknown function, and angiotensin II to angiotensin 1-7, a vasodilator. Also able to hydrolyze apelin-13 and dynorphin-13 with high efficiency. May be an important regulator of heart function. In case of human coronaviruses SARS and HCoV-NL63 infections, serve as functional receptor for the spike glycoprotein of both coronaviruses.
Tissue specificityExpressed in endothelial cells from small and large arteries, and in arterial smooth muscle cells. Expressed in lung alveolar epithelial cells, enterocytes of the small intestine, Leydig cells and Sertoli cells (at protein level). Expressed in heart, kidney, testis, and gastrointestinal system.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase M2 family.
modificationsN-glycosylation on Asn-90 may limit SARS infectivity.
Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab198988 has been referenced in 1 publication.
- Kusmartseva I et al. Expression of SARS-CoV-2 Entry Factors in the Pancreas of Normal Organ Donors and Individuals with COVID-19. Cell Metab 32:1041-1051.e6 (2020). PubMed: 33207244