Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to acetyl Lysine
- Suitable for: ELISA, IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Species independent
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-acetyl Lysine antibody
See all acetyl Lysine primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to acetyl Lysine
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ELISA, IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Species independent
Synthetic acetylated peptide derived from Lysine-acetlyated proteins (G-A-KA-KA-KA-KA-KA-KA).
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.87% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab61257 was affinity-purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity-chromatography using epitope-specific acetylated peptide. The antibody against non-acetylated peptide was removed by chromatography using non-acetylated peptide corresponding to the acetylation site.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab61257 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100.|
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 85 kDa.|
RelevanceIn the nucleus, DNA is tightly packed into nucleosomes generating an environment which is highly repressive towards DNA processes such as transcription. Acetylation of lysine residues within proteins has emerged as an important mechanism used by cells to overcome this repression. The acetylation of non-histone proteins such as transcription factors, as well as histones appears to be involved in this process. Acetylation may result in structural transitions as well as specific signaling within discrete chromatin domains. The role of acetylation in intracellular signaling has been inferred from the binding of acetylated peptides by the conserved bromodomain. Furthermore, recent findings suggest that bromodomain/acetylated-lysine recognition can serve as a regulatory mechanism in protein-protein interactions in numerous cellular processes such as chromatin remodeling and transcriptional activation. The reversible lysine acetylation of histones and non-histone proteins plays a vital role in the regulation of many cellular processes including chromatin dynamics and transcription, gene silencing, cell cycle progression, apoptosis, differentiation, DNA replication, DNA repair, nuclear import, and neuronal repression. More than 20 acetyltransferases and 18 deacetylases have been identified so far, but the mechanistic details of substrate selection and site specificity of these enzymes remain unclear. Over 40 transcription factors and 30 other nuclear, cytoplasmic, bacterial, and viral proteins have been shown to be acetylated in vivo.
- pan acetyl Lysine antibody
ab61257 at 1/50 - 1/100 dilution staining Acetyl lysine in human lung carcinoma by Immunohistochemistry, Paraffin-embedded tissue, in the absence or presence of the immunising peptide.
All lanes : Anti-acetyl Lysine antibody (ab61257) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : COS7 cell extracts treated
with TSA (400uM, 24hours)
Lane 2 : COS7 cell extracts treated
with TSA (400uM, 24hours) with immunising peptide at 5 µg
Lysates/proteins at 5 µg per lane.
Observed band size: 120,25,45,85 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
293 histone (acid extracted) loaded at 2µg.
Blocking step performed using 0.3% BSA for 12 hours at 4°C.ab61257 used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1 hour at 25°C.
The secondary used was an HRP conjugated donkey anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal used at a 1/2000 dilution.
ab61257 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Gao R et al. A single regulator NrtR controls bacterial NAD+ homeostasis via its acetylation. Elife 8:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31596237
- Farkas M & McMahon SB Rapid Detection of p53 Acetylation Status in Response to Cellular Stress Signaling. Methods Mol Biol 1983:255-262 (2019). PubMed: 31087303
- Bamodu OA et al. HDAC inhibitor suppresses proliferation and tumorigenicity of drug-resistant chronic myeloid leukemia stem cells through regulation of hsa-miR-196a targeting BCR/ABL1. Exp Cell Res 370:519-530 (2018). PubMed: 30017934
- Zhang S et al. Phototrophy and starvation-based induction of autophagy upon removal of Gcn5-catalyzed acetylation of Atg7 in Magnaporthe oryzae. Autophagy 13:1318-1330 (2017). PubMed: 28594263
- Kuroda N et al. Apoptotic response through a high mobility box 1 protein-dependent mechanism in LPS/GalN-induced mouse liver failure and glycyrrhizin-mediated inhibition. PLoS One 9:e92884 (2014). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 24690901