Key features and details
- ROS inhibitor. L-cysteine prodrug. Mucolytic agent.
- CAS Number: 616-91-1
- Purity: > 99%
- Soluble in water to 100 mM and in DMSO to 100 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameAcetylcysteine (N-Acetyl-L-cysteine), ROS inhibitor
DescriptionROS inhibitor. L-cysteine prodrug. Mucolytic agent.
ROS inhibitor. L-cysteine prodrug. Mucolytic agent. Inhibits viral stimulation by reactive oxygen intermediates. Shows mucolytic, hepatoprotective and antiviral effects in vivo. Orally active.
Chemical name(2R)-2-Acetamido-3-sulfanylpropanoic acid
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in water to 100 mM and in DMSO to 100 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
- Signal Transduction
- Signaling Pathway
- Nuclear Signaling
- Nuclear Hormone Receptors
- Retinoic & Retinoid
- Signal transduction
- Nitric oxide & oxidative stress
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Lipid metabolism
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab143032 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Bradley JR et al. Tumor necrosis factor receptor-2 signaling pathways promote survival of cancer stem-like CD133+ cells in clear cell renal carcinoma. FASEB Bioadv 2:126-144 (2020). PubMed: 32123862
- Binkley MS et al. KEAP1/NFE2L2 Mutations Predict Lung Cancer Radiation Resistance That Can Be Targeted by Glutaminase Inhibition. Cancer Discov 10:1826-1841 (2020). PubMed: 33071215
- Yashima H et al. AGE-RAGE Axis Stimulates Oxidized LDL Uptake into Macrophages through Cyclin-Dependent Kinase 5-CD36 Pathway via Oxidative Stress Generation. Int J Mol Sci 21:N/A (2020). PubMed: 33291667
- Chen T et al. ROS-Mediated Mitochondrial Dysfunction and ER Stress Contribute to Compression-Induced Neuronal Injury. Neuroscience 416:268-280 (2019). PubMed: 31425734
- Zhuang W et al. MCMV triggers ROS/NLRP3-associated inflammasome activation in the inner ear of mice and cultured spiral ganglion neurons, contributing to sensorineural hearing loss. Int J Mol Med 41:3448-3456 (2018). PubMed: 29512778
- Chen YH et al. AGE/RAGE-Induced EMP Release via the NOX-Derived ROS Pathway. J Diabetes Res 2018:6823058 (2018). PubMed: 29744367
- You N et al. COMMD7 activates CXCL10 production by regulating NF-?B and the production of reactive oxygen species. Mol Med Rep 17:6784-6788 (2018). PubMed: 29532873