Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [6F12BD9] to Aconitase 2
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB, Flow Cyt, IHC-P
- Knockout validated
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Aconitase 2 antibody [6F12BD9]
See all Aconitase 2 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [6F12BD9] to Aconitase 2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WB, Flow Cyt, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
This information is considered to be commercially sensitive.
- HepG2, HeLa, H9C2, and MEF cell lysates; HDFn cells and HeLa cells. Human Normal colon FFPE tissue.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C. Do Not Freeze.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituent: HEPES buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesab110321 was produced in vitro using hybridomas grown in serum-free medium, and then purified by biochemical fractionation. Purity: >95% by SDS-PAGE.
Light chain typekappa
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Energy Metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab110321 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. for 2 hours.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 85 kDa.|
|Flow Cyt||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
FunctionCatalyzes the isomerization of citrate to isocitrate via cis-aconitate.
PathwayCarbohydrate metabolism; tricarboxylic acid cycle; isocitrate from oxaloacetate: step 2/2.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the aconitase/IPM isomerase family.
- Information by UniProt
- ACO 2 antibody
- ACO2 antibody
- ACON_HUMAN antibody
Lane 1: Wild-type HAP1 whole cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 2: Aconitase 2 knockout HAP1 whole cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 3: HeLa whole cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 4: Jurkat whole cell lysate (20 µg)
Lanes 1 - 4: Merged signal (red and green). Green - ab110321 observed at 90 kDa. Red - loading control, ab181602, observed at 37 kDa.
ab110321 was shown to specifically react with Aconitase 2 in wild-type HAP1 cells as signal was lost in Aconitase 2 knockout cells. Wild-type and Aconitase 2 knockout samples were subjected to SDS-PAGE. ab110321 and ab181602 (Rabbit anti-GAPDH loading control) were incubated overnight at 4°C at 1 μg/ml and 1/20000 dilution respectively. Blots were developed with Goat anti-Mouse IgG H&L (IRDye® 800CW) preabsorbed ab216772 and Goat anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (IRDye® 680RD) preabsorbed ab216777 secondary antibodies at 1/20000 dilution for 1 hour at room temperature before imaging.
ab110321 at 1µg/ml staining Aconitase 2 in HDFn cells by Immunocytochemistry (4% paraformaldehyde fixed and 0.1% Triton X-100 permeabilized) followed by Alexa Fluor® 594 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1 hour (red).
ab110321 at 1µg/ml staining Aconitase 2 in HeLa cells by Flow Cytometry (blue). Isotype control antibody (red).
All lanes : Anti-Aconitase 2 antibody [6F12BD9] (ab110321) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HepG2 (human)
Lane 2 : HeLa (human)
Lane 3 : H9C2 (rat cardiomyocyte)
Lane 4 : MEF (mouse fibroblast)
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 85 kDa
IHC image of Aconitase 2 staining in Human normal colon formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab110321, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
ab110321 has been referenced in 19 publications.
- Shin D et al. Dihydrolipoamide dehydrogenase regulates cystine deprivation-induced ferroptosis in head and neck cancer. Redox Biol 30:101418 (2020). PubMed: 31931284
- Li B et al. Overexpression of PTEN may increase the effect of pemetrexed on A549 cells via inhibition of the PI3K/AKT/mTOR pathway and carbohydrate metabolism. Mol Med Rep 20:3793-3801 (2019). PubMed: 31485626
- Xue YN et al. Zinc cooperates with p53 to inhibit the activity of mitochondrial aconitase through reactive oxygen species accumulation. Cancer Med 8:2462-2473 (2019). PubMed: 30972978
- Yang X et al. Knockout of ISCA1 causes early embryonic death in rats. Animal Model Exp Med 2:18-24 (2019). PubMed: 31016283
- Liu Y et al. Mitochondrial carrier protein overloading and misfolding induce aggresomes and proteostatic adaptations in the cytosol. Mol Biol Cell 30:1272-1284 (2019). PubMed: 30893019