Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Actin
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Arabidopsis thaliana, Plants
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Actin antibody
See all Actin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Actin
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Arabidopsis thaliana, Plants
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Arabidopsis thaliana Actin (N terminal). (NP_190236.1).
Database link: P53497
- Cinnamomum camphora, Nicotiana tabacum, Triticum aestivuml, Arabidopsis thaliana, Brassica campestris, Vicit Faba lysates.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 49% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab197345 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 42 kDa.|
FunctionActins are highly conserved proteins that are involved in various types of cell motility and are ubiquitously expressed in all eukaryotic cells.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in ACTA1 are the cause of nemaline myopathy type 3 (NEM3) [MIM:161800]. A form of nemaline myopathy. Nemaline myopathies are muscular disorders characterized by muscle weakness of varying severity and onset, and abnormal thread-or rod-like structures in muscle fibers on histologic examination. The phenotype at histological level is variable. Some patients present areas devoid of oxidative activity containg (cores) within myofibers. Core lesions are unstructured and poorly circumscribed.
Defects in ACTA1 are a cause of myopathy congenital with excess of thin myofilaments (MPCETM) [MIM:161800]. A congenital muscular disorder characterized at histological level by areas of sarcoplasm devoid of normal myofibrils and mitochondria, and replaced with dense masses of thin filaments. Central cores, rods, ragged red fibers, and necrosis are absent.
Defects in ACTA1 are a cause of congenital myopathy with fiber-type disproportion (CFTD) [MIM:255310]; also known as congenital fiber-type disproportion myopathy (CFTDM). CFTD is a genetically heterogeneous disorder in which there is relative hypotrophy of type 1 muscle fibers compared to type 2 fibers on skeletal muscle biopsy. However, these findings are not specific and can be found in many different myopathic and neuropathic conditions.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the actin family.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton.
- Information by UniProt
- a actin antibody
- a-actin antibody
- ACTA antibody
All lanes : Anti-Actin antibody (ab197345) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Cinnamomum camphora leaves lysate
Lane 2 : Nicotiana tabacum leaves lysate
Lane 3 : Triticum aestivuml leaves lysate
Lane 4 : Arabidopsis thaliana leaves lysate
Lane 5 : Brassica campestris flowers leaves lysate
Lane 6 : Brassica campestris leaves lysate
Lane 7 : Vicit Faba leaves lysate
Lysates/proteins at 50 µg per lane.
All lanes : Anti-rabbit IgG at 1/8000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Predicted band size: 42 kDa
Exposure time: 20 seconds
ab197345 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Wang Y et al. BZR1 Mediates Brassinosteroid-Induced Autophagy and Nitrogen Starvation in Tomato. Plant Physiol 179:671-685 (2019). PubMed: 30482787
- Lim SD et al. A Vitis vinifera basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor enhances plant cell size, vegetative biomass, and reproductive yield. Plant Biotechnol J N/A:N/A (2018). WB . PubMed: 29520945
- Ma J et al. Histone chaperones play crucial roles in maintenance of stem cell niche during plant root development. Plant J 95:86-100 (2018). PubMed: 29676825
- Wang P et al. Reciprocal Regulation of the TOR Kinase and ABA Receptor Balances Plant Growth and Stress Response. Mol Cell 69:100-112.e6 (2018). PubMed: 29290610