Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Actin
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Sheep, Rabbit, Chicken, Guinea pig, Hamster, Cow, Dog, Human, Pig, Xenopus laevis, Monkey
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Actin antibody
See all Actin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Actin
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Sheep, Rabbit, Chicken, Guinea pig, Hamster, Cow, Dog, Human, Pig, Xenopus laevis, Monkey
Full length native protein purified from bovine skeletal muscle
- Mouse Heart Tissue Extract, Chicken Heart Tissue Extract
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab69512 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 42 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 42 kDa).|
FunctionActins are highly conserved proteins that are involved in various types of cell motility and are ubiquitously expressed in all eukaryotic cells.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in ACTA1 are the cause of nemaline myopathy type 3 (NEM3) [MIM:161800]. A form of nemaline myopathy. Nemaline myopathies are muscular disorders characterized by muscle weakness of varying severity and onset, and abnormal thread-or rod-like structures in muscle fibers on histologic examination. The phenotype at histological level is variable. Some patients present areas devoid of oxidative activity containg (cores) within myofibers. Core lesions are unstructured and poorly circumscribed.
Defects in ACTA1 are a cause of myopathy congenital with excess of thin myofilaments (MPCETM) [MIM:161800]. A congenital muscular disorder characterized at histological level by areas of sarcoplasm devoid of normal myofibrils and mitochondria, and replaced with dense masses of thin filaments. Central cores, rods, ragged red fibers, and necrosis are absent.
Defects in ACTA1 are a cause of congenital myopathy with fiber-type disproportion (CFTD) [MIM:255310]; also known as congenital fiber-type disproportion myopathy (CFTDM). CFTD is a genetically heterogeneous disorder in which there is relative hypotrophy of type 1 muscle fibers compared to type 2 fibers on skeletal muscle biopsy. However, these findings are not specific and can be found in many different myopathic and neuropathic conditions.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the actin family.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton.
- Information by UniProt
- a actin antibody
- a-actin antibody
- ACTA antibody
All lanes : Anti-Actin antibody (ab69512) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : MW marker
Lane 2 : Mouse heart tissue extract
Lane 3 : Chicken heart tissue extract
Predicted band size: 42 kDa
Observed band size: 42 kDa
Additional bands at: 35 kDa, 55 kDa, 70 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
ab69512 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Li G et al. Zyxin-involved actin regulation is essential in the maintenance of vinculin focal adhesion and chondrocyte differentiation status. Cell Prolif 52:e12532 (2019). PubMed: 30328655
- Gu R et al. A Synthesized Glucocorticoid- Induced Leucine Zipper Peptide Inhibits Retinal Müller Cell Gliosis. Front Pharmacol 9:331 (2018). PubMed: 29681857
- Serna-Salas SA et al. Doxazosin and Carvedilol Treatment Improves Hepatic Regeneration in a Hamster Model of Cirrhosis. Biomed Res Int 2018:4706976 (2018). PubMed: 30643808
- Ma J et al. Pachymic acid modified carbon nanoparticles reduced angiogenesis via inhibition of MMP-3. Int J Clin Exp Pathol 8:5464-70 (2015). PubMed: 26191251