Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR4816] to Activin A Receptor Type IB/ALK-4
- Suitable for: WB, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-Activin A Receptor Type IB/ALK-4 antibody [EPR4816]
See all Activin A Receptor Type IB/ALK-4 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR4816] to Activin A Receptor Type IB/ALK-4
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, Flow Cytmore details
Unsuitable for: ICC/IF,IHC-P or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
corresponding to Human Activin A Receptor Type IB/ALK-4 aa 400-500 (intracellular).
Database link: P36896
- HepG2, SH SY5Y and U87 MG cell lysates; 293T cells
Previously labelled as Activin A Receptor Type IB.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 40% Glycerol, 9.85% Tris glycine, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab133478 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/10000 - 1/50000. Detects a band of approximately 52 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 57 kDa).|
|Flow Cyt||1/10 - 1/100.
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionOn ligand binding, forms a receptor complex consisting of two type II and two type I transmembrane serine/threonine kinases. Type II receptors phosphorylate and activate type I receptors which autophosphorylate, then bind and activate SMAD transcriptional regulators. Phosphorylates TDP2.
Tissue specificityExpressed in many tissues, most strongly in kidney, pancreas, brain, lung, and liver.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. TKL Ser/Thr protein kinase family. TGFB receptor subfamily.
Contains 1 GS domain.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- Information by UniProt
FormThere are 3 isoforms produced by alternative splicing. Isoform 1 also known as SKR2-1; isoform 2 as SKR2-2; isoform 3 as SKR2-3.
- Activin A receptor type 1B antibody
- Activin A receptor type II like kinase 4 antibody
- Activin A type 1B receptor antibody
All lanes : Anti-Activin A Receptor Type IB/ALK-4 antibody [EPR4816] (ab133478) at 1/10000 dilution
Lane 1 : HepG2 cell lysate
Lane 2 : SH SY5Y cell lysate
Lane 3 : U87 MG cell lysate
Lane 4 : 293T cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP labelled goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 57 kDa
Observed band size: 52 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Flow cytometric analysis of 293T cells labelled with ab133478 at a 1/10 dilution (red), or negative rabbit IgG (green).
ab133478 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Miller DSJ et al. TGF-ß family ligands exhibit distinct signalling dynamics that are driven by receptor localisation. J Cell Sci 132:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31217285
- Hu J et al. Anesthetic effects of isoflurane and the molecular mechanism underlying isoflurane-inhibited aggressiveness of hepatic carcinoma. Mol Med Rep 18:184-192 (2018). PubMed: 29749446
- Lau B et al. The Expression of Human Cytomegalovirus MicroRNA MiR-UL148D during Latent Infection in Primary Myeloid Cells Inhibits Activin A-triggered Secretion of IL-6. Sci Rep 6:31205 (2016). SDS-PAGE . PubMed: 27491954