Key features and details
- Goat polyclonal to ADAM17
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-ADAM17 antibody
See all ADAM17 primary antibodies
DescriptionGoat polyclonal to ADAM17
SpecificityThis antibody is expected to recognise isoform 1 (represented by NP_003174) and not isoform 2 (represented by NP_068604).
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Chinese hamster
- Hela Lysate
General notesGenBank Accession Number - NP_003174
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: Tris buffered saline, 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesPurified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab13535 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Detects a band of approximately 125-130 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 95 , when glycosylated 130 kDa).Can be blocked with ADAM17 peptide (ab7881).
1 hour primary incubation is recommended for this product.
FunctionCleaves the membrane-bound precursor of TNF-alpha to its mature soluble form. Responsible for the proteolytical release of soluble JAM3 from endothelial cells surface. Responsible for the proteolytic release of several other cell-surface proteins, including p75 TNF-receptor, interleukin 1 receptor type II, p55 TNF-receptor, transforming growth factor-alpha, L-selectin, growth hormone receptor, MUC1 and the amyloid precursor protein. Also involved in the activation of Notch pathway.
Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed. Expressed at highest levels in adult heart, placenta, skeletal muscle, pancreas, spleen, thymus, prostate, testes, ovary and small intestine, and in fetal brain, lung, liver and kidney.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 disintegrin domain.
Contains 1 peptidase M12B domain.
DomainMust be membrane anchored to cleave the different substrates. The cytoplasmic domain is not required for the this activity. Only the catalytic domain is essential to shed TNF and p75 TNFR.
The conserved cysteine present in the cysteine-switch motif binds the catalytic zinc ion, thus inhibiting the enzyme. The dissociation of the cysteine from the zinc ion upon the activation-peptide release activates the enzyme.
modificationsThe precursor is cleaved by a furin endopeptidase.
Phosphorylated. Stimulation by growth factor or phorbol 12-myristate 13-acetate induces phosphorylation of Ser-819 but decreases phosphorylation of Ser-791.
- Information by UniProt
- A disintegrin and metalloproteinase domain 17 (tumor necrosis factor, alpha, converting enzyme) antibody
- A disintegrin and metalloproteinase domain 17 antibody
- ADA17_HUMAN antibody
Anti-ADAM17 antibody (ab13535) at 0.2 µg/ml + Hela lysate (RIPA buffer, 35µg total protein per lane)
Predicted band size: 95 , when glycosylated 130 kDa
Observed band size: 100 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Primary incubated for 1 hour. Detected by western blot using chemiluminescence.
ab13535 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Xie Y et al. Rare mutations of ADAM17 from TOFs induce hypertrophy in human embryonic stem cell-derived cardiomyocytes via HB-EGF signaling. Clin Sci (Lond) 133:225-238 (2019). PubMed: 30610007
- Liu J et al. CD9 regulates keratinocyte migration by negatively modulating the sheddase activity of ADAM17. Int J Biol Sci 15:493-506 (2019). PubMed: 30745837
- Soni S et al. ATP redirects cytokine trafficking and promotes novel membrane TNF signaling via microvesicles. FASEB J 33:6442-6455 (2019). PubMed: 30776316
- Wang YM et al. MicroRNA-197 controls ADAM10 expression to mediate MeCP2's role in the differentiation of neuronal progenitors. Cell Death Differ 26:1863-1879 (2019). PubMed: 30560934
- Li Q et al. ADAM17 is critical for multipolar exit and radial migration of neuronal intermediate progenitor cells in mice cerebral cortex. PLoS One 8:e65703 (2013). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 23755270