Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to ADAM17
- Suitable for: ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Rat, Human, Pig
- Isotype: IgG
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituent: 50% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab28233 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
FunctionCleaves the membrane-bound precursor of TNF-alpha to its mature soluble form. Responsible for the proteolytical release of soluble JAM3 from endothelial cells surface. Responsible for the proteolytic release of several other cell-surface proteins, including p75 TNF-receptor, interleukin 1 receptor type II, p55 TNF-receptor, transforming growth factor-alpha, L-selectin, growth hormone receptor, MUC1 and the amyloid precursor protein. Also involved in the activation of Notch pathway.
Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed. Expressed at highest levels in adult heart, placenta, skeletal muscle, pancreas, spleen, thymus, prostate, testes, ovary and small intestine, and in fetal brain, lung, liver and kidney.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 disintegrin domain.
Contains 1 peptidase M12B domain.
DomainMust be membrane anchored to cleave the different substrates. The cytoplasmic domain is not required for the this activity. Only the catalytic domain is essential to shed TNF and p75 TNFR.
The conserved cysteine present in the cysteine-switch motif binds the catalytic zinc ion, thus inhibiting the enzyme. The dissociation of the cysteine from the zinc ion upon the activation-peptide release activates the enzyme.
modificationsThe precursor is cleaved by a furin endopeptidase.
Phosphorylated. Stimulation by growth factor or phorbol 12-myristate 13-acetate induces phosphorylation of Ser-819 but decreases phosphorylation of Ser-791.
- Information by UniProt
- A disintegrin and metalloproteinase domain 17 (tumor necrosis factor, alpha, converting enzyme) antibody
- A disintegrin and metalloproteinase domain 17 antibody
- ADA17_HUMAN antibody
ab28233 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Jiang B et al. Translocating a High-Affinity Designer TIMP-1 to the Cell Membrane for Total Renal Carcinoma Inhibition: Putting the Prion Protein to Good Use. Mol Cell Biol 39:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31208977
- Chavaroche A et al. Glycosylation of a disintegrin and metalloprotease 17 affects its activity and inhibition. Anal Biochem 449:68-75 (2014). PubMed: 24361716
- Breshears LM et al. A Disintegrin and Metalloproteinase 17 (ADAM17) and Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor (EGFR) Signaling Drive the Epithelial Response to Staphylococcus aureus Toxic Shock Syndrome Toxin-1 (TSST-1). J Biol Chem 287:32578-87 (2012). WB . PubMed: 22833676