Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to ADAM17
- Suitable for: IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Rat, Human, Pig
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-ADAM17 antibody
See all ADAM17 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to ADAM17
SpecificityThis antibody recognizes ADAM17, but does not react with other ADAMs.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human, Pig
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human ADAM17. Within the cytoplasmic domain of Human ADAM17.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituent: 50% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab39162 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 4 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionCleaves the membrane-bound precursor of TNF-alpha to its mature soluble form. Responsible for the proteolytical release of soluble JAM3 from endothelial cells surface. Responsible for the proteolytic release of several other cell-surface proteins, including p75 TNF-receptor, interleukin 1 receptor type II, p55 TNF-receptor, transforming growth factor-alpha, L-selectin, growth hormone receptor, MUC1 and the amyloid precursor protein. Also involved in the activation of Notch pathway.
Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed. Expressed at highest levels in adult heart, placenta, skeletal muscle, pancreas, spleen, thymus, prostate, testes, ovary and small intestine, and in fetal brain, lung, liver and kidney.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 disintegrin domain.
Contains 1 peptidase M12B domain.
DomainMust be membrane anchored to cleave the different substrates. The cytoplasmic domain is not required for the this activity. Only the catalytic domain is essential to shed TNF and p75 TNFR.
The conserved cysteine present in the cysteine-switch motif binds the catalytic zinc ion, thus inhibiting the enzyme. The dissociation of the cysteine from the zinc ion upon the activation-peptide release activates the enzyme.
modificationsThe precursor is cleaved by a furin endopeptidase.
Phosphorylated. Stimulation by growth factor or phorbol 12-myristate 13-acetate induces phosphorylation of Ser-819 but decreases phosphorylation of Ser-791.
- Information by UniProt
- A disintegrin and metalloproteinase domain 17 (tumor necrosis factor, alpha, converting enzyme) antibody
- A disintegrin and metalloproteinase domain 17 antibody
- ADA17_HUMAN antibody
ab39162 staining ADAM17 in Human pancreatic carcinoma cells by ICC/IF (Immunocytochemistry/immunofluorescence). Cells were fixed with methanol and blocked with 10% serum for 1 hour at 20°C. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/50 in PBS) for 1 hour at 25°C. An Alexa Fluor® 488-conjugated Goat anti-rabbit polyclonal was used as the secondary antibody (1/1000).
Ab39162 staining human normal colon. Staining is localised to membrane.
Left panel: with primary antibody at 4 ug/ml. Right panel: isotype control.
Sections were stained using an automated system DAKO Autostainer Plus , at room temperature. Sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with the Dako 3-in-1 AR buffer EDTA pH 9.0 in a DAKO PT Link. Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 minutes. They were then blocked with Dako Protein block for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS) then incubated with primary antibody for 20 minutes and detected with Dako Envision Flex amplification kit for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin and coverslipped under DePeX. Please note that for manual staining we recommend to optimize the primary antibody concentration and incubation time (overnight incubation), and amplification may be required.
ab39162 was used to detect mouse ADAM17 transiently overexpressed in Hela cells. Ab39162 was incubated with the cells at 10 µg/ml for 1 hour at 22°C. For further details please refer to the Abreview.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab39162 has been referenced in 23 publications.
- Pavlenko E et al. Functional Characterization of Colon Cancer-Associated Mutations in ADAM17: Modifications in the Pro-Domain Interfere with Trafficking and Maturation. Int J Mol Sci 20:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31060243
- Lin Q et al. ASPH-notch Axis guided Exosomal delivery of Prometastatic Secretome renders breast Cancer multi-organ metastasis. Mol Cancer 18:156 (2019). PubMed: 31694640
- Yang Z et al. Novel Therapeutic Anti-ADAM17 Antibody A9(B8) Enhances EGFR-TKI-Mediated Anticancer Activity in NSCLC. Transl Oncol 12:1516-1524 (2019). PubMed: 31450127
- Quarta S et al. Impaired mechanical, heat, and cold nociception in a murine model of genetic TACE/ADAM17 knockdown. FASEB J N/A:fj201801901R (2018). PubMed: 30586315
- Cabron AS et al. Structural and Functional Analyses of the Shedding Protease ADAM17 in HoxB8-Immortalized Macrophages and Dendritic-like Cells. J Immunol 201:3106-3118 (2018). PubMed: 30355783