Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to ADAMTS1
- Suitable for: ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-ADAMTS1 antibody
See all ADAMTS1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to ADAMTS1
SpecificityAb39194 recognizes the zymogen of ADAMTS1, and the furin cleaved ADAMTS1, but not the shed form.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human ADAMTS1 (C terminal). This antibody recognizes the last 28 amino acids of the protein.
Database link: Q9UHI8
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituent: 50% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab39194 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.
Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.
FunctionCleaves aggrecan, a cartilage proteoglycan, and may be involved in its turnover (By similarity). Has angiogenic inhibitor activity. Active metalloprotease, which may be associated with various inflammatory processes as well as development of cancer cachexia. May play a critical role in follicular rupture.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 disintegrin domain.
Contains 1 peptidase M12B domain.
Contains 3 TSP type-1 domains.
DomainThe spacer domain and the TSP type-1 domains are important for a tight interaction with the extracellular matrix.
The conserved cysteine present in the cysteine-switch motif binds the catalytic zinc ion, thus inhibiting the enzyme. The dissociation of the cysteine from the zinc ion upon the activation-peptide release activates the enzyme.
modificationsThe precursor is cleaved by a furin endopeptidase.
Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix.
- Information by UniProt
- A disintegrin and metalloproteinase with thrombospondin motifs 1 antibody
- ADAM-TS 1 antibody
- ADAM-TS1 antibody
ICC/IF image of ab39194 stained Hek293 cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab39194, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab39194 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Kazakevych J et al. Smarcad1 mediates microbiota-induced inflammation in mouse and coordinates gene expression in the intestinal epithelium. Genome Biol 21:64 (2020). PubMed: 32160911
- Dosh RH et al. Long-term in vitro 3D hydrogel co-culture model of inflammatory bowel disease. Sci Rep 9:1812 (2019). PubMed: 30755679
- Dosh RH et al. Interleukin 1 is a key driver of inflammatory bowel disease-demonstration in a murine IL-1Ra knockout model. Oncotarget 10:3559-3575 (2019). PubMed: 31191826
- Tan IA et al. ADAMTS1 Promotes Adhesion to Extracellular Matrix Proteins and Predicts Prognosis in Early Stage Breast Cancer Patients. Cell Physiol Biochem 52:1553-1568 (2019). PubMed: 31135123
- Someya A et al. Glucosamine Downregulates the IL-1ß-Induced Expression of Proinflammatory Cytokine Genes in Human Synovial MH7A Cells by O-GlcNAc Modification-Dependent and -Independent Mechanisms. PLoS One 11:e0165158 (2016). WB ; Human . PubMed: 27776166
- Chen J et al. Downregulation of A disintegrin and metallopeptidase with thrombospondin motif type 1 by DNA hypermethylation in human gastric cancer. Mol Med Rep 12:2487-94 (2015). ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 25936341
- Spencer S et al. a2d-1 Signaling in Nucleus Accumbens Is Necessary for Cocaine-Induced Relapse. J Neurosci 34:8605-11 (2014). PubMed: 24948814
- Keller KE et al. Differential effects of ADAMTS-1, -4, and -5 in the trabecular meshwork. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 50:5769-77 (2009). PubMed: 19553617
- Su SC et al. Molecular profile of endothelial invasion of three-dimensional collagen matrices: insights into angiogenic sprout induction in wound healing. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol : (2008). PubMed: 18787072