Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to ADAMTS1
- Suitable for: ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-ADAMTS1 antibody
See all ADAMTS1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to ADAMTS1
SpecificityAb39194 recognizes the zymogen of ADAMTS1, and the furin cleaved ADAMTS1, but not the shed form.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human ADAMTS1 (C terminal). This antibody recognizes the last 28 amino acids of the protein.
Database link: Q9UHI8
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituent: 50% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab39194 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
FunctionCleaves aggrecan, a cartilage proteoglycan, and may be involved in its turnover (By similarity). Has angiogenic inhibitor activity. Active metalloprotease, which may be associated with various inflammatory processes as well as development of cancer cachexia. May play a critical role in follicular rupture.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 disintegrin domain.
Contains 1 peptidase M12B domain.
Contains 3 TSP type-1 domains.
DomainThe spacer domain and the TSP type-1 domains are important for a tight interaction with the extracellular matrix.
The conserved cysteine present in the cysteine-switch motif binds the catalytic zinc ion, thus inhibiting the enzyme. The dissociation of the cysteine from the zinc ion upon the activation-peptide release activates the enzyme.
modificationsThe precursor is cleaved by a furin endopeptidase.
Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix.
- Information by UniProt
- A disintegrin and metalloproteinase with thrombospondin motifs 1 antibody
- ADAM-TS 1 antibody
- ADAM-TS1 antibody
ICC/IF image of ab39194 stained Hek293 cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab39194, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab39194 staining ADAMTS1 in Human Placenta (Decidua) tissue sections by IHC-P (Paraformaldehyde-fixed, paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue was fixed with formaldehyde and blocked with a peroxidase block for 5 minutes at room temperature. Antigen retrieval was by heat mediation in sodium citrate. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/50) in antibody diluent for 1 hour. An undiluted HRP-conjugated Goat polyclonal to rabbit IgG was used as secondary antibody.
ab39194 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Dosh RH et al. Long-term in vitro 3D hydrogel co-culture model of inflammatory bowel disease. Sci Rep 9:1812 (2019). PubMed: 30755679
- Dosh RH et al. Interleukin 1 is a key driver of inflammatory bowel disease-demonstration in a murine IL-1Ra knockout model. Oncotarget 10:3559-3575 (2019). PubMed: 31191826
- Tan IA et al. ADAMTS1 Promotes Adhesion to Extracellular Matrix Proteins and Predicts Prognosis in Early Stage Breast Cancer Patients. Cell Physiol Biochem 52:1553-1568 (2019). PubMed: 31135123
- Someya A et al. Glucosamine Downregulates the IL-1ß-Induced Expression of Proinflammatory Cytokine Genes in Human Synovial MH7A Cells by O-GlcNAc Modification-Dependent and -Independent Mechanisms. PLoS One 11:e0165158 (2016). WB ; Human . PubMed: 27776166
- Chen J et al. Downregulation of A disintegrin and metallopeptidase with thrombospondin motif type 1 by DNA hypermethylation in human gastric cancer. Mol Med Rep 12:2487-94 (2015). ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 25936341
- Spencer S et al. a2d-1 Signaling in Nucleus Accumbens Is Necessary for Cocaine-Induced Relapse. J Neurosci 34:8605-11 (2014). PubMed: 24948814
- Keller KE et al. Differential effects of ADAMTS-1, -4, and -5 in the trabecular meshwork. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 50:5769-77 (2009). PubMed: 19553617
- Su SC et al. Molecular profile of endothelial invasion of three-dimensional collagen matrices: insights into angiogenic sprout induction in wound healing. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol : (2008). PubMed: 18787072