Product nameAnti-ADAMTS13 antibody
See all ADAMTS13 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to ADAMTS13
SpecificityThis antibody reacts specifically with human 154 kDa ADAMTS13 protein
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Predicted to work with: Human
Synthetic peptide derived from the N-terminal domain of ADAMTS13 protein.
- This antibody gave a positive signal in mouse liver tissue lysate.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferConstituent: Whole serum
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab71550 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||1/500. Detects a band of approximately 154 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 154 kDa).|
FunctionCleaves the vWF multimers in plasma into smaller forms.
Tissue specificityPlasma. Expressed primarily in liver.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in ADAMTS13 are the cause of thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura congenital (TTP) [MIM:274150]; also known as Upshaw-Schulman syndrome (USS). A hematologic disease characterized by hemolytic anemia with fragmentation of erythrocytes, thrombocytopenia, diffuse and non-focal neurologic findings, decreased renal function and fever.
Sequence similaritiesContains 2 CUB domains.
Contains 1 disintegrin domain.
Contains 1 peptidase M12B domain.
Contains 8 TSP type-1 domains.
DomainThe pro-domain is not required for folding or secretion and does not perform the common function of maintening enzyme latency.
The spacer domain is necessary to recognize and cleave vWF. The C-terminal TSP type-1 and CUB domains may modulate this interaction.
modificationsMay contain a C-mannosylation site and O-fucosylation sites in the TSP type-1 domains.
The precursor is processed by a furin endopeptidase which cleaves off the pro-domain.
- Information by UniProt
- A disintegrin and metalloproteinase with thrombospondin motifs 13 antibody
- A disintegrin like and metalloprotease (reprolysin type) with thrombospondin type 1 motif 13 antibody
- A disintegrin like and metalloprotease with thrombospondin type 1 motif 13 antibody
Anti-ADAMTS13 antibody (ab71550) at 1/500 dilution + Liver (Mouse) Tissue Lysate at 10 µg
Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) preadsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 154 kDa
Observed band size: 154 kDa
Additional bands at: 37 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 20 minutes
This product has been referenced in:
- Bartoli CR et al. Insights into the mechanism(s) of von Willebrand factor degradation during mechanical circulatory support. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg N/A:N/A (2013). WB . Read more (PubMed: 24139617) »
- Pos W et al. An autoantibody epitope comprising residues R660, Y661, and Y665 in the ADAMTS13 spacer domain identifies a binding site for the A2 domain of VWF. Blood 115:1640-9 (2010). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 20032502) »