Product nameAnti-ADAMTS15 antibody
See all ADAMTS15 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to ADAMTS15
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human, Rhesus monkey
Predicted to work with: Mouse
- 293EBNA cells.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 0.1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab28516 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 55 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 103 kDa).|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 21791558|
Tissue specificityExpressed in fetal liver and kidney, but not in any of the adult tissues examined.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 disintegrin domain.
Contains 1 peptidase M12B domain.
Contains 3 TSP type-1 domains.
DomainThe spacer domain and the TSP type-1 domains are important for a tight interaction with the extracellular matrix.
The conserved cysteine present in the cysteine-switch motif binds the catalytic zinc ion, thus inhibiting the enzyme. The dissociation of the cysteine from the zinc ion upon the activation-peptide release activates the enzyme.
modificationsThe precursor is cleaved by a furin endopeptidase.
Glycosylated. Can be O-fucosylated by POFUT2 on a serine or a threonine residue found within the consensus sequence C1-X(2)-(S/T)-C2-G of the TSP type-1 repeat domains where C1 and C2 are the first and second cysteine residue of the repeat, respectively. Fucosylated repeats can then be further glycosylated by the addition of a beta-1,3-glucose residue by the glucosyltransferase, B3GALTL. Fucosylation mediates the efficient secretion of ADAMTS family members. Also can be C-glycosylated with one or two mannose molecules on tryptophan residues within the consensus sequence W-X-X-W of the TPRs, and N-glycosylated. These other glycosylations can also facilitate secretion.
Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix.
- Information by UniProt
- A disintegrin and metalloproteinase with thrombospondin motifs 15 antibody
- A disintegrin like and metalloprotease reprolysin type with thrombospondin type 1 motif 15 antibody
- A disintegrin like and metalloprotease reprolysin type with thrombospondin type 1 motif 15 preproprotein antibody
Anti-ADAMTS15 antibody (ab28516) at 1/1000 dilution + Supernatant of 293 EBNA cells overexpressing ADAMTS15. at 20 µl
Predicted band size: 103 kDa
Observed band size: 55 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
The image shows an overexpressed fragment of ADAMTS15, not the full-length protein.
This product has been referenced in:
- Demircan K et al. ADAMTS4 and ADAMTS5 Knockout Mice Are Protected from Versican but Not Aggrecan or Brevican Proteolysis during Spinal Cord Injury. Biomed Res Int 2014:693746 (2014). WB ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 25101296) »
- Peluffo MC et al. Systematic analysis of protease gene expression in the rhesus macaque ovulatory follicle: metalloproteinase involvement in follicle rupture. Endocrinology 152:3963-74 (2011). IHC-P ; Rhesus monkey . Read more (PubMed: 21791558) »