Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to ADAMTS2/NPI
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-ADAMTS2/NPI antibody
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to ADAMTS2/NPI
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human ADAMTS2/NPI (C terminal). Synthetic peptide corresponding to the C-terminal sequence of Human ADAMTS2/ NPI. The sequence differs from the related rat and mouse sequences by three amino acids.
- Rat brain tissue lysate, Rat heart tissue lysate, Rat cardiac muscle tissue. IF/ICC: PANC-1 cell line
Protein previously labeled as ADAMTS2.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferPreservatives: 0.025% Thimerosal (merthiolate), 0.025% Sodium azide
Constituents: 2.5% BSA, 0.45% Sodium chloride, 0.1% Dibasic monohydrogen sodium phosphate
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab125226 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 135 kDa. The detection limit is approximately 1ng/lane under non-reducing and reducing conditions.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
FunctionCleaves the propeptides of type I and II collagen prior to fibril assembly. Does not act on type III collagen. May also play a role in development that is independent of its role in collagen biosynthesis.
Tissue specificityExpressed at high level in skin, bone, tendon and aorta and at low levels in thymus and brain.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in ADAMTS2 are the cause of Ehlers-Danlos syndrome type 7C (EDS7C) [MIM:225410]. EDS is a connective tissue disorder characterized by hyperextensible skin, atrophic cutaneous scars due to tissue fragility and joint hyperlaxity. EDS7C is marked by extremely fragile tissues, hyperextensible skin and easy bruising. Facial skin contains numerous folds, as in the cutis laxa syndrome.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 disintegrin domain.
Contains 1 peptidase M12B domain.
Contains 1 PLAC domain.
Contains 4 TSP type-1 domains.
DomainThe spacer domain and the TSP type-1 domains are important for a tight interaction with the extracellular matrix.
modificationsThe precursor is cleaved by a furin endopeptidase.
Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix.
- Information by UniProt
- A disintegrin and metalloproteinase with thrombospondin motifs 2 antibody
- A disintegrin like and metalloprotease (reprolysin type) with thrombospondin type 1 motif 2 antibody
- ADAM metallopeptidase with thrombospondin type 1 motif 2 antibody
All lanes : Anti-ADAMTS2/NPI antibody (ab125226) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Rat brain tissue lysate
Lane 2 : Rat heart tissue lysate
Predicted band size: 135 kDa
ICC/IF image of ab125226 stained PANC-1 cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab125226, 10µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96899, DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab125226, at 1µg/mL, staining paraffin embedded Rat cardiac muscle tissue by immunohistochemistry (IHC-P).
ab125226 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Jana S et al. Disparate Remodeling of the Extracellular Matrix and Proteoglycans in Failing Pediatric Versus Adult Hearts. J Am Heart Assoc 7:e010427 (2018). PubMed: 30371322
- Matsuura-Hachiya Y et al. Recovery of extracellular matrix components by enalapril maleate during the repair process of ultraviolet B-induced wrinkles in mouse skin. Biochem Biophys Rep 4:180-186 (2015). PubMed: 29124203
- Olderøy MØ et al. Biochemical and structural characterization of neocartilage formed by mesenchymal stem cells in alginate hydrogels. PLoS One 9:e91662 (2014). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 24626259