Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to ADAMTS4
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-ADAMTS4 antibody
See all ADAMTS4 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to ADAMTS4
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide from the C-terminal of Human ADAMTS4 (NM_005099).
- IHC-P: Human brain tissue. WB: Human fetal brain lysates.
FormLyophilized:Reconstitute with 200ul distilled sterile water. Please note that if you receive this product in liquid form it has already been reconstituted as described and no further reconstitution is necessary.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A/G purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab84792 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/200 - 1/500. Detects a band of approximately 90 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 90 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/500.|
FunctionCleaves aggrecan, a cartilage proteoglycan, and may be involved in its turnover. May play an important role in the destruction of aggrecan in arthritic diseases. Could also be a critical factor in the exacerbation of neurodegeneration in Alzheimer disease. Cleaves aggrecan at the '392-Glu-
Tissue specificityExpressed in brain, lung and heart. Expressed at very low level in placenta and skeletal muscles.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 disintegrin domain.
Contains 1 peptidase M12B domain.
Contains 1 TSP type-1 domain.
DomainThe spacer domain and the TSP type-1 domains are important for a tight interaction with the extracellular matrix.
The conserved cysteine present in the cysteine-switch motif binds the catalytic zinc ion, thus inhibiting the enzyme. The dissociation of the cysteine from the zinc ion upon the activation-peptide release activates the enzyme.
modificationsThe precursor is cleaved by a furin endopeptidase.
Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix.
- Information by UniProt
- A disintegrin and metalloproteinase with thrombospondin motifs 4 antibody
- A disintegrin like and metalloprotease (reprolysin type) with thrombospondin type 1 motif 4 antibody
- A disintegrin like and metalloprotease with thrombospondin type 1 motif 4 antibody
ab84792 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Chen J et al. Promotion of Tumor Growth by ADAMTS4 in Colorectal Cancer: Focused on Macrophages. Cell Physiol Biochem 46:1693-1703 (2018). PubMed: 29694979
- Wu J et al. Wnt-ß-catenin signaling pathway inhibition by sclerostin may protect against degradation in healthy but not osteoarthritic cartilage. Mol Med Rep 15:2423-2432 (2017). WB ; Human . PubMed: 28259981
- Lima MA et al. Progesterone acts via the progesterone receptor to induce adamts proteases in ovarian cancer cells. J Ovarian Res 9:9 (2016). PubMed: 26916548
- Lima MA et al. Prognostic Value of ADAMTS Proteases and Their Substrates in Epithelial Ovarian Cancer. Pathobiology 83:316-26 (2016). PubMed: 27359117
- Silva SV et al. ADAMTS-1 Is Found in the Nuclei of Normal and Tumoral Breast Cells. PLoS One 11:e0165061 (2016). WB, ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 27764205
- Filou S et al. ADAMTS expression in colorectal cancer. PLoS One 10:e0121209 (2015). PubMed: 25786261
- Obika M et al. ADAMTS-4 and Biglycan are Expressed at High Levels and Co-Localize to Podosomes During Endothelial Cell Tubulogenesis In Vitro. J Histochem Cytochem N/A:N/A (2013). PubMed: 24051360