Product nameAnti-ADAMTS4 antibody - Carboxyterminal end
See all ADAMTS4 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to ADAMTS4 - Carboxyterminal end
Specificityab28285 recognises the Carboxyterminal end of ADAMTS4. This antibody recognises its zymogen and the activated form.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Fr, WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human, Rhesus monkey
Synthetic peptide corresponding to the carboxyterminal end of Human ADAMTS4. (Peptide available as ab41235.)
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituent: 50% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab28285 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 28955046|
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. 1/1000 when using colorimetric substrates such as BCIP/NBT - 1/5000 when using chemiluminescent substrates. Note: EDTA/EGTA treatment of tissues or lysates is required to see latent zymogen.|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 21791558|
FunctionCleaves aggrecan, a cartilage proteoglycan, and may be involved in its turnover. May play an important role in the destruction of aggrecan in arthritic diseases. Could also be a critical factor in the exacerbation of neurodegeneration in Alzheimer disease. Cleaves aggrecan at the '392-Glu-
Tissue specificityExpressed in brain, lung and heart. Expressed at very low level in placenta and skeletal muscles.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 disintegrin domain.
Contains 1 peptidase M12B domain.
Contains 1 TSP type-1 domain.
DomainThe spacer domain and the TSP type-1 domains are important for a tight interaction with the extracellular matrix.
The conserved cysteine present in the cysteine-switch motif binds the catalytic zinc ion, thus inhibiting the enzyme. The dissociation of the cysteine from the zinc ion upon the activation-peptide release activates the enzyme.
modificationsThe precursor is cleaved by a furin endopeptidase.
Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix.
- Information by UniProt
- A disintegrin and metalloproteinase with thrombospondin motifs 4 antibody
- A disintegrin like and metalloprotease (reprolysin type) with thrombospondin type 1 motif 4 antibody
- A disintegrin like and metalloprotease with thrombospondin type 1 motif 4 antibody
ab28285 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Lin H et al. Proprotein convertase furin inhibits matrix metalloproteinase 13 in a TGFß-dependent manner and limits osteoarthritis in mice. Sci Rep 8:10488 (2018). PubMed: 29992982
- Lian C et al. Collagen type II is downregulated in the degenerative nucleus pulposus and contributes to the degeneration and apoptosis of human nucleus pulposus cells. Mol Med Rep 16:4730-4736 (2017). PubMed: 28791354
- Matsuzaki T et al. Transthyretin deposition promotes progression of osteoarthritis. Aging Cell 16:1313-1322 (2017). WB, IHC-P . PubMed: 28941045
- Ren P et al. Critical Role of ADAMTS-4 in the Development of Sporadic Aortic Aneurysm and Dissection in Mice. Sci Rep 7:12351 (2017). IHC-Fr ; Mouse . PubMed: 28955046
- Zhou Z et al. Cerebral cavernous malformations arise from endothelial gain of MEKK3-KLF2/4 signalling. Nature 532:122-6 (2016). WB . PubMed: 27027284
- Wainwright SD et al. ADAMTS-4_v1 is a splice variant of ADAMTS-4 that is expressed as a protein in human synovium and cleaves aggrecan at the interglobular domain. Arthritis Rheum 65:2866-75 (2013). WB . PubMed: 23897278
- Funck-Brentano T et al. Targeting bone alleviates osteoarthritis in osteopenic mice and modulates cartilage catabolism. PLoS One 7:e33543 (2012). IHC-P ; Mouse . PubMed: 22432033
- Brunner AM et al. High dietary fat and the development of osteoarthritis in a rabbit model. Osteoarthritis Cartilage 20:584-92 (2012). PubMed: 22353745
- Peluffo MC et al. Systematic analysis of protease gene expression in the rhesus macaque ovulatory follicle: metalloproteinase involvement in follicle rupture. Endocrinology 152:3963-74 (2011). IHC-P ; Rhesus monkey . PubMed: 21791558