Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to ADAMTS7
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-ADAMTS7 antibody
See all ADAMTS7 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to ADAMTS7
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Mouse ADAMTS7.
Database link: Q68SA9
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.01% BSA, 50% Glycerol
Aqueous buffered solution
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab203027 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/500.
When using a fluorescent probe the recommended dilution is 1/50 – 1/200
FunctionMetalloprotease that may play a role in the degradation of COMP.
Tissue specificityExpressed in heart, brain, placenta, lung, liver, skeletal muscle, kidney and pancreas. Detected in meniscus, bone, tendon, cartilage, synovium, fat and ligaments.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 disintegrin domain.
Contains 1 peptidase M12B domain.
Contains 1 PLAC domain.
Contains 8 TSP type-1 domains.
DomainThe spacer domain and the TSP type-1 domains are important for a tight interaction with the extracellular matrix.
The conserved cysteine present in the cysteine-switch motif binds the catalytic zinc ion, thus inhibiting the enzyme. The dissociation of the cysteine from the zinc ion upon the activation-peptide release activates the enzyme.
modificationsN-glycosylated. Can be O-fucosylated by POFUT2 on a serine or a threonine residue found within the consensus sequence C1-X(2)-(S/T)-C2-G of the TSP type-1 repeat domains where C1 and C2 are the first and second cysteine residue of the repeat, respectively. Fucosylated repeats can then be further glycosylated by the addition of a beta-1,3-glucose residue by the glucosyltransferase, B3GALTL. Fucosylation mediates the efficient secretion of ADAMTS family members. Also can be C-glycosylated with one or two mannose molecules on tryptophan residues within the consensus sequence W-X-X-W of the TPRs. N- and C-glycosylations can also facilitate secretion. O-glycosylated proteoglycan. Contains chondroitin sulfate.
May be cleaved by a furin endopeptidase (By similarity). The precursor is sequentially processed.
Cellular localizationSecreted, extracellular space, extracellular matrix. Also found associated with the external cell surface.
- Information by UniProt
- A disintegrin and metalloprotease with thrombospondin motifs 7 preproprotein antibody
- A disintegrin and metalloproteinase with thrombospondin motifs 7 antibody
- A disintegrin like and metalloprotease (reprolysin type) with thrombospondin type 1 motif 7 antibody
Immunohistochemical analysis of Formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded rat brain labeling ADAMTS7 with ab203027 at 1/200 dilution with DAB staining.
Immunohistochemical analysis of Formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded rat brain labeling ADAMTS7 with ab203027 at 1/200 dilution. The secondary antibody was Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG, Cy3 conjugated used at 1/200 dilution for 40 minutes at 37°C.
ab203027 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Ren W et al. Upregulation of miR-423 improves autologous vein graft restenosis via targeting ADAMTS-7. Int J Mol Med 45:532-542 (2020). PubMed: 31894258
- Zhao X et al. MicroRNA-495 enhances chondrocyte apoptosis, senescence and promotes the progression of osteoarthritis by targeting AKT1. Am J Transl Res 11:2232-2244 (2019). PubMed: 31105831
- Hönig J et al. Transmission of microRNA antimiRs to mouse offspring via the maternal-placental-fetal unit. RNA 24:865-879 (2018). PubMed: 29540511
- Qin W et al. Upregulation of ADAMTS-7 and downregulation of COMP are associated with aortic aneurysm. Mol Med Rep 16:5459-5463 (2017). PubMed: 28849199
- Chen L et al. MiR-29b-3p promotes chondrocyte apoptosis and facilitates the occurrence and development of osteoarthritis by targeting PGRN. J Cell Mol Med 21:3347-3359 (2017). WB . PubMed: 28609022